1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Warcolours

Discussion in 'Acrylics' started by REMOVED, Dec 21, 2017.

1. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Anyone tried a brand out of Cyprus called Warcolours? Small company, and not a huge range, but am always interested in the little guys...
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I've just bought 60 colours but haven't had the chance to use them. Tommi Worton has been using them to good effect, have a look at his posts on here.

Keith
  3. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Will do,thanks
  4. Snow Goblin New Member

I've used them. They're pretty good, not quite Vallejo or Scale 75 but definitely in the ball park.

Their strength is how easy it is to set up highlight/base/shade sets.
    Old johnny and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Thank you..and no funny nomenclature. Looks as though there are a collection of “sets” a range of yellow etc that give the gamut of shadow through highlight..
  6. Eugene D. New Member

United-States
    I'm going to order some this week. I'm not liking how Vallejo separates on my wet palette. I hear warcolours don't do that. We'll see. If they hold together, this may be my new brand I work with.

Don't care too much about range. If you have yellow, red and blue, white and black, you can make any color you want.
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I've just painted my first figure in Acrylics using these and I'm happy with the results-they have made the transition from Oils to acrylics much simpler for me. I have more learning to do but my first project has enthused me enough to keep using them.

The big advantage is that they sit on the palette like Oils and mix like Oils so you are not using little cups of liquid paint.

Keith