1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed War is Over for these guys!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dioman135, Jan 22, 2010.

1. dioman135 Member

United-States
    1/35 Vingette of Warriors tankers escaping from a downed Tiger. Tank wedgie is an older Italieri Kit. This figure set is very well sculpted and was a lot of fun to paint.

Cheers,

Chip

Attached Files:

2. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Chip,

Nice painting, I like the camo!(y)
  3. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    I agree, the camo pattern is great! Really nice work
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very nice.
    Carl.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice camowork.
    Setting is great.

marc
  6. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Very nice vignette (as well as your Shattered). The detail you have put into these is obvious. One question and a suggestion.

Did you really cut these tanks in parts so you could use only a part of them? Or did you cast them and then cut them up? I'm only asking because I wanted to do these kinds of vignettes but couldnt bring myself to cutting up a kit.

A suggestion. When your placing your light source on your vignettes to take your pictures, try placing it at a 12 o'clock position instead of striaght at them. The highs and shadows will be more emphasized instead of your colors being washed out in the pics. Just a suggestion. Your vignettes are really well done and, like I said, the detail work you put into them is obvious. I'd like to see your photography reflect your work.

Jim Patrick
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I'm with Jim, I couldn't bring my self to put saw through a piece of armour. If you'd seen my armour painting that's all some are fit for.:p
    Carl.
  8. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    nice painting and nice vignette

stefano
  9. dioman135 Member

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback. I will setup a photo booth this weekend - never really thought about the lighting, only the painting!

Chip