1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

War and Peace

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Riveteer, Jan 25, 2023.

1. The Riveteer Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I've just discovered that the 1967 Mosfilm version of War and Peace has been fully restored and made available on YouTube, in it's original four parts and directed by Sergei Bondarchuk the director of Waterloo.
    If you are a Napoleonic nut like me it's unmissable. If you haven't seen it, warning, it does go on a bit. But, if you're not up for a lot of dancing, philosophizing and talking, it's well worth a skim though for the battles and set-pieces which are phenomenal.

David
    Martin64, Mirofsoft, Nap and 3 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi David

Thanks for sharing these .....still rather enjoyable despite the excessive dancing ...lol

Nap
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thaaaaaaaaank you!!!

[IMG]
    The Riveteer likes this.
  4. NigelR A Fixture

Will definitely check these out. I loved the 1972 BBC adaptation when I was a kid and I enjoyed the 2016 version as well.
  5. The Riveteer Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Let us know what you think - for me this is the only version - a bit dated but high on spectacle. The adaption is pretty good too - if a little long winded - like the book:ROFLMAO:
    The BBC versions - good, but very limited in scope and budget.
    David
  6. The Riveteer Active Member

United-Kingdom
    You're welcome -the GIF is great!
    David