1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wanted Paint Sets

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Jim Patrick, May 28, 2014.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    I know opinions vary on this subject from they're great to a waste. I personally like them. But this isn't about whether we like them or not. Its more in line with some paint sets we want to see.

For me, it's a khaki paint set. Nearly every figure, regardless of genre, uses some shade of khaki. In nearly every manufactures paint line, khaki is an over looked color when weighed in the balance of all the other colors sold. "But Jim" you might say, " khaki is an easy color to mix". Isn't a military or drab green easy to mix too? And how many shades of green do you see in a manufacturer's line? Besides, a khaki paint set would off you 6 shades of khaki which 3 to 4 more currently offered. I just see so many opportunities for a khaki paint set. From uniform details to the complete uniform.

Most of the other paint sets are good and I do enjoy them. Its just that not all of them are always so useful if you paint a variety of genres of figures. Khaki, in my opinion, get used far more than any other paint sets you own currently. What are your thoughts or what would you like to see?

Jim Patrick
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jim ,

I too like the paint sets especially the Scale 75 sets , as for the set you mentioned I see Vallejo do this ...might be if some use

[IMG]
    Nap
    Jim Patrick likes this.
  3. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  4. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    The Channel set should blend nicely with each other!!!!
  5. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm sure lifecolor did an American ww2 equipment set
    Jim Patrick likes this.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    And make your figure look nails.(y)
    Helm and Mirofsoft like this.