1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wanderer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Henkm, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Henkm Well-Known Member

With my other projects being 'nearly finished' in various degrees, I thought it's time to unpack something new. It's the wanderer kit that I bought from a kickstarter of Nordlys. I got number osi/b. To the left the scenic base that's included.
    1.jpg
    The wanderer is accompanied by a dog. Jakob told me it's a malinois shepherd (Mechelaar). I would have thought a german shepherd and that explains the angle of the head.
    2.jpg
    The wanderer herself is nice looking girl, well cast with just very minor mould lines to clean up. She's cast in parts. The main part:
    3.jpg
    Since it's her break, she gets to rest casually on n arm stretched out behind her:
    4.jpg
    Her other arm, also not yet attached comes with not two, not three but four options of hand. A good thing that the bits box is permanently hungry. (The open hand is part of the kickstarter, not of the regular kit. The same for a bit of map folded open)
    5.jpg
    I chose to go with the booze bottle because I can fiddle it around until it nicely rests on her sock. Her arm rests casually in her knee.
    6.jpg
    Her backpack is placed at her feet. Here is the whole thing together, minus the booze because I drank it ... I mean, it wouldn't stay put without glue.
    7.jpg
    Though the casting looks very fine, as you can see her foot doesn't reach the reserved place in the base. Because her leg looks fine and everything fits otherwise, I'll leave well enough alone and not risk mucking things up with a hairdryer etc.
    8.jpg
    Finally, Jakob was kind enough to sell me a second dog to accompany my moorish guard in another project. Here I did do some minor plastic surgery. Straightened his legs to make him lie flat and gave him a different tail. Here's the whole kennel together.
    9.jpg
    I'm looking forward to working on this. It's really a nice kit and I just checked, still some available in Nordlys' shop. I'll add progress pics to this thread later once I get to the paint-slapping. Thanks for watching and comments always welcome.
    Martin64, Jed, KenBoyle and 6 others like this.
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    Interesting project look forward to seeing it come together
    Henkm likes this.
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I think you kept the box upside down when reading the "number", as it says n°9/150. Think this will make more sense too.

Cheers,

Gino
    franck edet and Henkm like this.
  4. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks for spotting that Gino.
  5. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looks interesting Henk! Looking forward to your progress. :)

Cheers,
    Ken
    Henkm likes this.
  6. Henkm Well-Known Member

First paint is on! Some very questionable pics of the girl's face and legs. Mixed in good amount of venetian red in places. Some lucky boy will get to peel off the sunburnt skin in a few days. (or is it only the Dutch that practice this?).
    face.jpg fig.jpg
    Will have to see in daylight tomorrow how it turns out. Thanks for watching.
    KenBoyle and Nap like this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

Must admit that looks a good start , quite a good female face to work on as well

Look forward to seeing more on this

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Henkm likes this.
  8. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks Nap.
  9. Graham A Fixture

England
    Off to a good start, really like this one.
    Henkm likes this.
  10. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks Graham.

Today I didn't have much time. Just did her shorts, so at least she's decent, and her boots.
    Graham likes this.
  11. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    will follow this one :) nice start on the flesh :)
    Henkm likes this.
  12. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks Franck
  13. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This looks very interesting, following.
    Henkm likes this.
  14. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks Bob
    Viking Bob likes this.
  15. Henkm Well-Known Member

Quick update. Apart from her hair, hand, belt and jacket zip it all received a base colour. Jacket didn't cover well, so definitely must get a second layer. T-shirt probably too. Socks didn't come out as I intended so will also get more love (or at least attention). As always, excuses for the c**p phone pic, thanks for looking and any comments welcome.
    T.jpg
    Henk
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

Nice to see a update ....we all know a good base colour is essential and I am sure you will get yours how you want

As you say the socks need a bit of TLC ...but do like the overall colour choices

Look forward to more on this

Happy bench-time

Nap
    Henkm likes this.
  17. Henkm Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like there's much progress but there's an extra layer here and there. Colour scheme beginning to take shape, just the hair needing highlights. Her hand will be glued on once I'm happy with her legs. As always, thanks for watching and any comments welcome.
    wanderer.jpg
    Nap and KenBoyle like this.
  18. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    You made my day!

Nice job so far...
    Henkm likes this.
  19. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks Marcin, really appreciated.
    Marcin Morawski likes this.
  20. Graham A Fixture

England