Waffen SS stormtrooper buste

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, May 12, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

a client asked me to paint another large scale bust, so another "monster" is in the make. It's a 1/9th scale resin and white metal casting by Harton. The face is about ready (only need to do some midtones) and was done completely in acrylics. Since I know I'm no good at large scale subjects, I would apreciate all help and tips.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Gino.

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good Gino..........keep on painting!!!
  3. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    I agree with Guy,Gino,it's looking good so far (y) (y) !! Looking forward to the next step.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  4. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Wow! Gino.
    The face is wonderful.Plenty of character.
    May be you can do some more blending between shadows and highlights,but very good indeed.
    Best regards
    ps: did you receive my mail?
  5. johnbrewer New Member

Gino have you decided what camo pattern you will be painting yet?
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino!

Like I said earlier via messenger the colors are awesome. I think like Jaume stated that some smoothing of the transitions are in place, after that you will have a top notch figure to be proud of!

Can se see a pic of the full bust? Didnt know that Harton was doing a WWII German subject!
  7. LCoote New Member

Australia
    WOW Gino! Excellent! Personally, I don't see the need for any further blending, I really like this bold style of painting, but you've developed your own style and that's what matters.
    It looks like a nicely sculpted piece, I'd like to see a full pic as well.
  8. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I think the black iris is not in the middle of the blue.
    But your painting style is very impressive.
    how much aclylic layers you do?
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    hi guys,

First of I would like to thank all of you to take the time to add some comment about my work. It's greatly appreciated.

Hi Stephan

It all depends what I am painting. But I use btween ten to twenty layers for thehighlighting and five to twelve for the shading. I then often use local washes to add certain effects (red around the eye, or in the hollow of the cheeks, etc...)

Hi Lcoote,

I'll try to post o picture of the complete bust ASAP

Hi Anders and Jaume,

I'm working on the better blending now. I'll post more pics when I think this is finnished.

Hi John,

No I have to go trough my book of German WWII camouflage, but I think it might be something a bit exotic.

Greetz,

Gino.
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino, Beautiful job on the face. I really like the coloring and you use of shadows and highlights to create a realistic face.~Gary
  11. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

i have been working a bit on this bust; it has to be ready by september which is rather soon. The head is finished, the jacket has its basecolour highlighted.

As always I would love to hear comments, thoughts, hints, tips, etc...

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]
  12. Hullebullen New Member

What can you say? The helmet cover like the real thing and the skin color is excellent. I think it's the best stuff I've seen from you so far and I can't wait to see it painted up...
  13. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Gino, I must have missed this one, superb job of the face and helmet cover, and a nice clear picture as well. I know I've said before but I really like your painting style.
  14. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

included I post some pics of a bust I started a while ago and which I had to finnish for Euro. It's about 2OOmm is scale by Harton and painted entirely in acrylics. I do like the helmet and leather belts, all the rest has to improve on the next one. Next one will be a 1/10th scale bust of an American paratrooper by Des kits. I will post ics of it as I progress.

As for now I would love to hear what you think of this bust.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Gino
  16. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Gino,

Yet another job well done! you must tell me how you did the helmet..looks fantastic!

A friend of mine is picking this one up for me at Chicago this weekend..so i am definately inspired...
    I was thinking of doing mine in the fall oakleaf pattern

-Alex
  17. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Wow,Gino!
    The Palmenmuster is amazing!!
    I love the flesh too
    Best regards
    jaume
  18. Hardy Guest

Gino, your best so far. :) :)