1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Waffen SS stormtrooper buste

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, May 12, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

a client asked me to paint another large scale bust, so another "monster" is in the make. It's a 1/9th scale resin and white metal casting by Harton. The face is about ready (only need to do some midtones) and was done completely in acrylics. Since I know I'm no good at large scale subjects, I would apreciate all help and tips.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Gino.

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good Gino..........keep on painting!!!
  3. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    I agree with Guy,Gino,it's looking good so far (y) (y) !! Looking forward to the next step.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  4. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Wow! Gino.
    The face is wonderful.Plenty of character.
    May be you can do some more blending between shadows and highlights,but very good indeed.
    Best regards
    ps: did you receive my mail?
  5. johnbrewer New Member

Gino have you decided what camo pattern you will be painting yet?
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino!

Like I said earlier via messenger the colors are awesome. I think like Jaume stated that some smoothing of the transitions are in place, after that you will have a top notch figure to be proud of!

Can se see a pic of the full bust? Didnt know that Harton was doing a WWII German subject!
  7. LCoote New Member

Australia
    WOW Gino! Excellent! Personally, I don't see the need for any further blending, I really like this bold style of painting, but you've developed your own style and that's what matters.
    It looks like a nicely sculpted piece, I'd like to see a full pic as well.
  8. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I think the black iris is not in the middle of the blue.
    But your painting style is very impressive.
    how much aclylic layers you do?
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    hi guys,

First of I would like to thank all of you to take the time to add some comment about my work. It's greatly appreciated.

Hi Stephan

It all depends what I am painting. But I use btween ten to twenty layers for thehighlighting and five to twelve for the shading. I then often use local washes to add certain effects (red around the eye, or in the hollow of the cheeks, etc...)

Hi Lcoote,

I'll try to post o picture of the complete bust ASAP

Hi Anders and Jaume,

I'm working on the better blending now. I'll post more pics when I think this is finnished.

Hi John,

No I have to go trough my book of German WWII camouflage, but I think it might be something a bit exotic.

Greetz,

Gino.
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino, Beautiful job on the face. I really like the coloring and you use of shadows and highlights to create a realistic face.~Gary
  11. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

i have been working a bit on this bust; it has to be ready by september which is rather soon. The head is finished, the jacket has its basecolour highlighted.

As always I would love to hear comments, thoughts, hints, tips, etc...

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]
  12. Hullebullen New Member

What can you say? The helmet cover like the real thing and the skin color is excellent. I think it's the best stuff I've seen from you so far and I can't wait to see it painted up...
  13. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Gino, I must have missed this one, superb job of the face and helmet cover, and a nice clear picture as well. I know I've said before but I really like your painting style.
  14. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

included I post some pics of a bust I started a while ago and which I had to finnish for Euro. It's about 2OOmm is scale by Harton and painted entirely in acrylics. I do like the helmet and leather belts, all the rest has to improve on the next one. Next one will be a 1/10th scale bust of an American paratrooper by Des kits. I will post ics of it as I progress.

As for now I would love to hear what you think of this bust.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Gino
  16. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Gino,

Yet another job well done! you must tell me how you did the helmet..looks fantastic!

A friend of mine is picking this one up for me at Chicago this weekend..so i am definately inspired...
    I was thinking of doing mine in the fall oakleaf pattern

-Alex
  17. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Wow,Gino!
    The Palmenmuster is amazing!!
    I love the flesh too
    Best regards
    jaume
  18. Hardy Guest

Gino, your best so far. :) :)