1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Waffen SS Officer, Dress Uniform

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Evan August, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Evan August New Member

Joe's posting of this figure a few months ago inspired me to attempt it. The kit is 120mm resin from Warriors and sculpted by Brian Stewart. It includes two heads, so I will have to choose which one to go with. Here is where I am now, parts have been removed from the casting blocks, still a little bit of clean up left.

[IMG]
  2. Evan August New Member

Here is the figure with one head, it seems to me to represent a younger officer.

[IMG]
  3. Evan August New Member

Here is the figure with head 2, this looks like an older, more senior officer. I would like to know, which one do you like better?

[IMG]
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Evan,

I took the pictures and made them smaller, all I did was crop them in Photoshop so they wouldnt take forever to load for us 56k dial up users.
  5. Evan August New Member

Thanks Anders
    first time posting pics, still trying to figure everything out. Any tips?
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Evan,

Looking forward to seeing your version. I myself liked the older head.

Joe
  7. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Evan,

I concur with my buddy Joe Hudson on using the "older" head, head No2 that is!

I don't know, but the "younger" head is more English like, if you know what I mean..........never saw an SS officer smiling that way.........I have that head as it was handed out for all entrants at EuroMilitaire 1996, my first visit there!

Good luck with this superb piece, I'd like to have this figure as I have to paint it as a present to an SS fanatic friend of mine, so if any of you North American buddies have a spare kit, please keep me in your thoughts............ if faith smiles upon me and my club mate Steve, we'd be in Boston in July ;)

Best Regards

Ray.