1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Waffen-SS NCO

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wikinger, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Wikinger New Member

The figure depicts an "Unterscharfuehrer" of the Waffen-SS during the battle for Kharkov 1943. The 1: 16 scale figure is wonderful sculptured by John Rosengrant and is offered by the S&T company.

I tried to enhance the realism of the hair by glueing some pieces of waste steel wool (after it was used, some fine grain is left) onto the head:
    [IMG]

always the problem with Waffen-SS camo :( :
    [IMG]

The knapsack was handmade with magic sculp and some details, like seams and buttons at the water bottle and the holster were added:
    [IMG]

The device to alter the length of the rifle belt was made from aluminum foil:
    [IMG]

The figure after base colours and first shadings:
    [IMG]

The binoculars were detailed and got a leather cap and the lower leather ribbon. The rough parts at the handgrips were simulated with pigments that were applied with clear dull cote:
    [IMG]

Now Finished:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

What a muddy country, close to get stucked...:
    [IMG]
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is a great figure and you done a fantasic job with it. (y)
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) (y) !!!
    Kenneth.
  4. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Wikinger,

I think it worked out a splendid figure. I like the added details and what is the problem with the camouflage? I think it's correct. I have always the same problems with them.

I like the Wikinger website as well.

Who distributed this figure? I can't remember seeing this one somewhere.

For me another exemple to try a 1:16 figure sometimes. Untill now I like the 1:35 scale the most. :)
  5. Patrick Kirk New Member

George,
    Nice work...how did you get the sticky mud effect?

Excellent flesh tones; do you use oils or acrylics?

All the best

Patrick
  6. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    It's pictures of well painted WWII Germans like this that always tempt me to rush out and buy a 120mm wwII German myself .... It's hard to resist !!!! :lol:
    ... I guess I'll finally go over to the dark side one day ... :lol:

You've done a good job there - figure, groundwork, everything "clicks" together, it feels "right" - excellent !!!

... Oh God, what a temptation ... :lol:
  7. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Great job Wikinger! Love the mud!

-jim cox
  8. Wikinger New Member

Hi!
    Thanks for the kind replies!

Patrick
    It was done with 1:2 two component clear resin, mixed with pigments of brown and black. Then I had to fumble around the boots with a toothpick, when the resin went hard, to "pull" those little waterflows.

Yes I used oil with the flesh (dark yellow acrylic base and working in burnt sienna-white-brown-red oils).

Yoshi
    In Austria (where I live) I bought it from "The Bunker" Lerchenfelder Str., where I am frequently looking for those kind of figures...
    (´hope you will be a fatheful guest of my homepage as well)