1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Waffen SS bust 1/6

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Feb 15, 2008.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hell All,
    Here is a start on a Waffen SS bust made from MS.I will probably add a crusher cap to him.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very good start.
    I'm sure this will be extremely good
  3. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Andy,

looks very good, is there anything major part missing except the cap?
    Let us know when he's done!
    Thanks
    Denes
  4. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Re Vergilius and Denes

Hello Denes and Vergilius,
    Once the cap is made there wont be much (if anything)plus the base.The string or cord for the smock I will supply from fuse wire and you can then go by the box art hopefully to wire it up.
    Thanks.
    Andy
  5. WPS Member

Netherlands
    Hello Andy,

it's looking great, but to add something extra why not sculp the right arm in front of him holding a binocular or something else.
    I personaly like busts that have that little edge to the straightforeward ones.
    But then again who am I to say this, I couldn't even sculpt a face looking as good as this one.
    Please show us the end result of your sculpt and later on when painted.
    Hope you'll have lots of fun while sculpting.

groeten (greetings) Willem
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Re Willem

Hi Willem,
    Thankyou for your comment.A Pair of binoculars sound like a good idea . I had not intended on it but will give it some thought.Alas it is too late to add an arm,it would mean a major overhaul of the shoulder and the smock folds around it.
    Andy
  7. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Andy,

I thought so, I actually like that you didn't add the so typical grenade and that he will have a cap and not a helmet, the right hand/binocular idea sounds good (even if it's too late ;)).
    Look forward to see him painted!
    Thanks
    Denes
  8. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Waffen bust pt2

Hello all,
    The hat is next,I am trying to get a worn crusher cap look.There is the eagle and skull to add to the hat yet.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files: