1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Waffen SS at Bastogne

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Brett A, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Brett A Member

United-States
    Young Miniatures YM1887 Waffen SS Bastogne. 1/10 scale bust. Painted in P3, 3rd Gen AK, and some S75 artist tubes and Reaper acrylic paints. Just an awesome sculpt. I don't normally do a lot of WW2 Germans, but this one was fun to do. Comments welcome!

Waffen SS Final 1 small.jpg Waffen SS Final 3 small.jpg Waffen SS Final 4 small.jpg Waffen SS Final 2 small.jpg
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

excellent paintwork

Mobo
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Brett

Nice to see you posting and a bust ...never done this ..the camo scares me !

Really like the variation in camo , face is tired out , tones work well ...be interested in colour mix for the fiesh if possible

Do like the work on the knife and the spade ...nice weathering

Textures on collar ...lovely effects

Thanks for sharing

Hope we see some Vignettes/Diorama's as well as single figures ...we are running a Vignette/Dio comp till 1/3/21

Happy benchtime

Nap
  4. Kilgore Active Member

Spain
    Excellent!!!!!
  5. Brett A Member

United-States
    Thanks Nap! The flesh is basically all P3: Iridian Flesh, Khardic Flesh, Midlund flesh, and Ryn Flesh. I also use P3 Umbral Umber, Sanguine Base and Sanguine Highlight, Menoth White Base and Menoth White Highlight, AK 3rd Gen Saddle Brown, AK Rose Brown and Red Beige. I also use a little Black Smoke (a very dark grey) that I mix with the flesh tones to get the 5 o'clock shadow. I really like the P3 colors. rich tones, smooth glazing, and high pigmentation.
  6. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thats very nice
  7. Peter-Krieg Member

Spain
    Really nice! Specially the wheathered shovel and the texture on the collar. Maybe, I would add some metallic scratches to the exposed borders of the helmet.
  8. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Nice work, Brett - I especially like the helmet cover, entrenching tool blade & the handle of the knife blade. The only small point I would make, & it's not down to your painting, is that the head of the stick grenade seems a bit small to me. I once owned an original Steilhandgranate 24, & I'm sure the head was bigger than depicted here.