1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

W.I.P. 75mm Italian Tournament Knight 14th Century

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by paulyrichard, Aug 1, 2007.

1. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm still awaitin' an order of paint for the shield colours on my Ancient Celt, due to the postal strikes and I suppose this combined with the fact that the stockists may not have had the particular colours in stock to begin with, has made me wait all the more.

Anyway, i've finished cleanin' this one up. This is a Seil Model figure and there are a lot of parts!

[IMG]

[IMG]

The crown is made out of resin, and is not very accurately produced. The nodules are slightly distorted and twisted, so I won't be usin' this part. I have somethin' else in mind.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is for a banner.

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    paul,

I think Seil is gonna send you a new crown if you complain there.
    Looking forward what you gonna do with the replacement.

Marc
  3. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Marc, I never ever think of complainin' and askin' for another part, I jus' work around these problems. I never liked the crown bein' there, anyway. Cheers.

Here is my alternative to usin' the resin crown piece. I used some 1mm solder wire, it was a little tough to bend, but nothin' a suitably sized handle of a paintbrush couldn't deal with. After this I jus' needed to make it conform tightly to the lion head's base, which was slightly oval. The join was then filled with Milliput, and finished.

[IMG]
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul

I also have this kit sitting in the draw for several months, guess I better check out the crown on my kit. :rolleyes: I like the conversion using the lion head.

Tommi
  5. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Paul my figure-painting-machine!!!!!!!! Excellent piece and fantastic idea for the helmet!!! Can you post the box art as well? I will follow this post as i do with all your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great solution Paul.
    I like it.

marc
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very nice piece. Look forward to your colouring
  8. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, dudes.

Periklis, here is the boxart.

[IMG]
  9. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    I got this built and puttied.
    There were gaps where the arms fit to his chest, and these needed fillin' with some Milliput, in my view. I then sculpted in the chainmail to make it look consistent.
    I also added a link to the chain that runs over his shoulder at the point where it connects to his breast, with some liquid putty.

[IMG]
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Paul, I feel the same way you do about defective parts, if the figure is worth painting, I also try to work around the problem.

Looking forward to seeing this figure painted.

Cheers
    Roc