1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Volunteers of Ireland, c.1780, APG figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well, here are a few pictures of Gary's figure with my paint job. :eek: It is really fun painting this figure and I am hoping to get more of him done really soon, maybe tonight :lol: The coat is just base coated and there is still much to do but wanted to share with you a few pictures.

Thanks,

Joe

Attached Files:

2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    another

Attached Files:

3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    last one! :lol:

Attached Files:

4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe, you and Gary make a good team! Nice work so far. You guys sure make me wish I was able to make it to Atlanta! Keep us posted on this one!

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Whoa! What a great surprise. Great job buddy, I did'nt realize you were that far along. I hope I'm able to see the finished figure before it goes to it's new home.~Gary
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jay, Thanks a lot. Joe and I have a huge collaboration we're going to do sometime here in the future. Stay tuned for much more later.~Gary
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks flippin' AWESOME, Joe! :lol:
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    joe,

That face looks awesome. Gary did a great job on the figure, i am very sure you want let him down with your paiting skills.
    Keep posting, i really like what i've seen.

Marc
  9. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Fantasic face Joe. I can't wait to see the finished result. Compliment also go to Gary for the beautifully sweet figure.

Xenofon
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    BEAUTIFUL WORK on the face,Joe (y) (y) !!! I'll be looking forward to seeing the next step in the finishing process. Cheers !
    Kenneth :) .
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey buddy, you've outdone yourself on this great sculpture.......You really got the hang for Gary's scalpels and putty.........You just change them into brushes and paint so flawlessly as you did with that awesome vignette "One of their Own" in Boston :eek: .........Yes you definitely make a good tandem and keep us posted on your supposed project ;)

Take Care,

Ray :)
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ray, You're right. Joe knows where to put the paint...on anything.~Gary
  13. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Joe...congratulations on the paintwork for this lovely little figure...you're doing a great job...looking forward to seeing some more photo's as you progress.

All the best...Roy.
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Pretty nice painting start on a beautiful sculpture ! I am convinced of the finished work !

And as always , some information on the greenery at the background? LOL Thanks
  15. Bill Mayo New Member

Joe,

Wonderful 'light' showing on the face. Your work is always inspiring!

-Bill
  16. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the very kind words. I really do appreciate them and I am thankful that Gary allowed me to paint this guy. It was a really fun figure to paint and very painter friendly.

About the groundwork. I used jute twine and then painted it all using an airbrush and Vallejo paints.

Well, here is the finished figure and I hope that it will find a happy home to someone for the benefit of the APG.

Thanks again,

Joe

Attached Files:

17. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    another one

Attached Files:

18. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    :)

Attached Files:

19. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    last one

Attached Files:

20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe, Very nice job buddy. i'm glad I was able to get it to you on time. Hope I get to see the completed figure before it goes to it's permanent home.~Gary