1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Volgor the Skull Hunter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jcichon, Oct 26, 2011.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Just finished this up. From Andrea Miniatures Warlord series. Listed as a 54mm but more like 90mm nad really heavy. Horribly cast so I ended up having to sculpt some thigh armor over one leg to cover up the bad casting. Tough but fun to paint.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

Mike Stevens, Steve, phc35 and 3 others like this.
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    cool figure and nice work on him. Sorry to hear about the casting issue but you seemed to have covered it well. I think it would be cool if you tucked one of those spring flowers in behind his ear.
  3. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Dude, your best yet, even if it's not an historical one ;) Really like the face and how you handled the greens.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    "I think it would be cool if you tucked one of those spring flowers in behind his ear."
    Sometimes you worry me Mr Meehan.;)
    Great piece of painting Jason.(y)
    Carl.
    Meehan34 likes this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice paintwork.

Marc
  6. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Well Mike, I was going to but I thought that may be just to over the top!! We dont want to think of our Orks as monsters with feelings!!
  7. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    man you are into the mini's, That is great looking. I really like how you use bright colors.I find myself doing minis and wanting to "scale effect" the colors down

look for ward to your next one

Jay
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jason,
    Really nice and good colours.
    Cheers
    John
  9. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent, Jason. I see why you are pumped at this one.
  10. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very nice Jason, good use of color. Definitely one of your best in acrylics. Nice work buddy.