1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Volgor" - The Skull Hunter - Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Ernest.

Ulrich ~ I originally had 8 skulls attached to the groundwork. Wife said it was "Over-kill" and I took 5 of them off. She's a great critic
  2. mvonb Member

Guy, having looked at the detail shots of the biceps, did you paint horizontally across the muscle to give a striated appearance, or is it a natural effect? It looks similar to the rain marks added to panzers by armour modellers. I think it adds a great unnatural touch to the beast. Great painting mate.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Martin. When I did the bicepts I dry-brush accross the bicepts like you would accross the grain in a piece of wood. The dry-brush technique will pick up anything in the casting, even a fingerprint from a sculpter and bring out the detail. This is why I am very careful when I clean up a figure to remove casting lines and other marks. This is also how I get the detail to show in his cape by dry-brushing carefully accross the grain of the hair.

Hope this answers your question.

Guy
  4. mvonb Member

Certainly does Guy. I've been looking to reproduce this effect in acrylics, with varying success. It's very similar in appreance to how Jaume Ortiz and Calvin Tan highlight their 1/35 single coloured fabrics.

MfG

Martin
  5. godfather Member

very nicley done! Who makes this figure? thinking of buying :)
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Talino,

It is, as the topic title states, a 54mm (actually 90mm) Andrea kit.