1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

VL Red Lancer Bust - Done

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by KeithP, Apr 6, 2004.

1. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Anders-

Thanks to both you and Guy for sticking with me thru this one :) .

I was working on the Andrea Capt Kidd 54 mm but I am considering putting him in the stripper. Those dang acrylics... Arghhh....

Constructing the VL 120 mm Black Prince. Looking forward to taking a whack at Mr. Metal plate and chain mail.

However, as always, actively looking. Art Girona 54 mm 91st Highland or something mounted.

Keith
  2. yancy Member

United-States
    Keith-

I purchased this kit sometime ago and well, I must say I was a bit intimidated by the subject. Your work has inspired me to break this one out a give it a chance.

I believe all changes have been covered by the other posts, but I would like to point out that your flesh tones are right on. The blending works well as does the tones.

I would enjoy seeing your work in person.

Yancy
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Yancy-

I spent most of my figure painting career painting WWII figures where most highlighting challenges can be overcome with by adding a bit of Khaki! So, I understand your feelings. But, give this one a try. There was virtually zero clean up required. The head to torso was a clean fit with no sanding or putty needed. And the face has alot of character to start out with so it was not only a pleasure to paint but easy too. If I can help in any way, you can PM or email me thru pF.

It took me about one year to work up the nerve to post pics on line. Someday I'll show them in person. Thanks very much for THAT encouragement. :)

Keith
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Keith,
    you did a nice job on the bust,especially the face.
    The only thing I would do different is to accentuate the reds and the blues a little more.

Roc. :)
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Roc-

I agree with you on the reds and blues. Thanks!

Keith