1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Visiting Edingburgh

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by megroot, Jan 27, 2020.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    No painting next weekend, but a three day stop in Edingburgh with aeroplane coming Friday,, back on Monday.
    So I wonder, Are there good miniature figure shops, or shops who sell them in Edingburgh. Where can I find them.....on the Royal Mile??

Marc
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Marc.......don't get your hopes up. There are 3 shops in Edinburgh.Wonderland Models, vast range of kits etc but next to nothing to interest the figure painter. Harburn Hobbies on Elm Row (Leith Walk) similarly nothing for us other than being just along from the excellent and traditional Windsor Buffet pub.
    Other than these it's GW Warhammer on the High Street (Royal Mile)
    Very few shopfront model shops stocking figures these days.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Del.
    We gonna walk the Royal Mile. STaying at the Ten Hill hotel.
    On sunday we gonna give ourself a Highland Tour with the bus. Going from Edingburgh to Loch Ness. Stopping for the photoshoots at Fort William, Glen Coe and more highlights of Schotland.
    At least a dream is coming true> Going to the Highlands of Schotland
    And I'm gonna taste some single malt scottish whisky in a bar.....don't know what.

Marc
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland

No shortage of choice :D
    Try Lagavulin 16 year old from Islay, my favourite.
    Smiths 'The Glenlivet' from Speyside is deliciously easy drinking.
    If you want a small amount of water (ordinary tap water is fine) it can really lengthen the flavour.
    Don't add ice
    megroot likes this.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  6. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Lagavulin.....got a bottle of that years ago from a friend...I like Whiskey but i.m.h.o. this tasted like bark.....
    DEL likes this.
  7. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Thats the joy of whisky, there's one out there for every taste and occassion.
    What you don't like is the peat and you're not alone in that, even amongst dedicated (deluded:D) single malt enthusiasts.
    The idea, never mind the taste is enough to put some people off. After all peat is many hundred of years of decayed vegetation and animals formed in boggy, mossy conditions.
    A lot of people think the taste comes from water drawn from peat bogs, not so, it's the smoke from the dried peat used to dry the barley and malt. The unique taste of each peated whisky is down to the source of the peat and how long the malt is exposed to the smoke.
    D.
    Paul Kernan and HansDig like this.