1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Visit to UK

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bagelman1952, May 31, 2018.

1. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    I'm an expat living permanently in the Dominican Republic for the last eleven years. Our hobby is virtually unknown here. Everything i need, and I mean everything has to be purchased online. Iam coming for one of my rare family visits for three weeks in July and it would be nice to visit a real shop, if one still exists. I will be in the Surrey/Sussex area, York and cornwall so if anybody knows of any decent emporiums in these areas that info would be appreciated.
  2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Figureworld show 16th July, Oundle, Peterborough, may be worth a visit.....(y)
    bagelman1952 likes this.
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Correction Its Saturday 14th July.
    Mick
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    OOPS!!
    mick3272 likes this.
  5. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Shame that weekend in York with my daughter and grandkids. But thanks anyway.
  6. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    It looks like my UK itinery has now changed which means I will be able to attend Figure world after all. It would be great for me if there could be some way to arrange a meet up with some of you in person on the day.
    Nap likes this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ill be there all day, Ken - on the right day, of course!!(y)
    Nap and mick3272 like this.
  8. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Just not sure how to hook up with people I've never met before and won't recognise. Maybe PF members should wear a big badge or a pink carnation buttonhole and stand under the big clock lol
    Nap likes this.
  9. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fair point! TBH, it's not a huge venue and inevitably you get talking to loads of other people, anyway. I will probably be wearing my Stoke on Trent club shirt which has the old PF logo on it!(y)
    Nap likes this.
  10. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hello Ken,

There will be a stack of PF members there on the day. Suggest you find one and get him to introduce you to others. Failing that I've got a PF Badge with my name on it, If you catch up with me I'll introduce you around-I expect to be there around 10am. Really glad to hear that you can make it.

Keith
    Nap likes this.
  11. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Thanks guys. I will look out for you both. Might even wear my Dominican Republic baseball cap. Really looking forward to it, it's been many years since I attended a show.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ken

I will be there ...the good looking one probably with a blue PF polo shirt on !! ........and more likely in the corner trying to work out the combination of Carole's purse !!

Look forward to meeting you

Nap

PS hope it's not just the baseball cap !
    bagelman1952 likes this.