1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viriatus

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Kaws, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Kaws A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Good day to all!
    That is the first job this year. Lusitanian leader in the war against Rome - Viriatus from RP models.
    I had to modify the belt from the shield, since I did not use a fur coat on the bust. The bust is painted with tempera, acrylic and oil. Somewhere where applied NMM.

DSC_1549.jpg DSC_1551.jpg DSC_1552.jpg DSC_1555.jpg DSC_1556.jpg DSC_1557.jpg DSC_1558.jpg DSC_1559.jpg DSC_1560.jpg DSC_1561.jpg DSC_1562.jpg DSC_1563.jpg
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

excellent and beautiful paintwork

mobo
  3. Kaws A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thank you!!
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent! Very realistic finish.

Adrian
  5. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Very nicely done Kaws! (y)

I wish when I'll paint mine I'll render it justice too (but so much to learn still...) .

Cheers!

Dolf
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Extremely well done and the shield is excellent.
    Cheers
    John
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very well done, great flesh tones.
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  9. Gooner Mike Active Member

excellent painting
  10. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Very well done, especially the shield. I did the 75mm version
  11. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    "I had to modify the belt from the shield, since I did not use a fur coat on the bust."

That was an interesting option Kaws.
    And judging from the one I have, that involves a lot of work. How did you do it? Cast in resin? Or scratch-building?

"The bust is painted with tempera, acrylic and oil. Somewhere where applied NNM."

From posts from other Russian artists here on PF (and other platforms, Putty&Paint, etc), I notice that tempera is commonly used by Russian miniatures artists.

Kaws, would you please let us know a bit more about your technique, using all three, tempera + acrylics + oils? (I don't know what NNM means, sorry :confused: )

Thank you!

And again, beautifully done Kaws! (y)

Cheers!

Dolf
  12. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A masterpiece with every part of the bust painted with an effect that gives it that touch of realism, very impressive.
    TERRY
  13. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Very nice work. I like the Enhancement of veins, looks really cool! Nice paint indeed!

Cheers Borek
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Beautifull work.

marc
  15. Kaws A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thank you all for your feedback!!
  16. Kaws A Fixture

Russian-Federation

Hi Dolf!
    Tempera are waterborne paints made from dry powder pigments. For painting I use tempera based on PVA. The paint has a deep matte surface when drying, which has a plus. Since I am a professional artist, it is more convenient and more convenient for me to work with tempera paint rather than with acrylic paint.
    For painting the parts of the body, it is convenient to use tempera as a base layer. Then you can paint with oil paint, it gives the paint a more matte structure that looks more like real leather.
    I use paint from this manufacturer https://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Quality-Artists-Tempera-Nevskaya/dp/B077BVD2G3
    Perseas and Dolf like this.
  17. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Hi Kaws,

Thank you very much for the reply and all the great info (y)

Cheers!

Dolf
  18. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work, particularly the shield.
    It looks so much better without the fur cloak.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  19. Kaws A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thank you!