1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viriatus

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Shark, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Shark PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    So started work on RP Models Viriatus. Great sculpt by RP , superb casting job, really crisp and great detail. The flesh tones of the head and body are built up in acrylics while works starts on the tunic. Other parts left off at this stage for ease of painting access (May be a longish project as also working on 2 sculpts at the moment!!)... Mark
    wip1.JPG wip2.JPG wp4.JPG wp5.JPG
  2. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    You are off to a great start. I must agree with everything you said about the kit. Be very careful when you attach the shield. I think one of the straps to the shield was broken during shipment because one strap of the shield was loose and other was loose in the packaging. It made it a bit of a nightmare to position properly. It looks OK though. I did thoroughly enjoyed working on the kit. Are both straps attached to the shield in your kit? Just curiosity on my part.
    Shark likes this.
  3. Shark PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks. Yes its a very dramatic pose I thinks this adds a degree of excitement to the kit. Re the shield both parts of the strap were loose in the bag, so each part had to be glued separately to the shield, and will later be glued to torso. I did a dry run prior to any assembly so as long as the shield sits right Ill be happy!! The base work is also really good but I normally do my own groundwork so undecided yet whether to use it. Id be interested to see your finished figure if you have a link to it anywhere...
  4. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Great start so far (y)
    Phil
    Shark likes this.
  5. Shark PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Phil