1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Vincent Wai's Military Art Prints

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Vince Wai, of Alpha Image Miniatures, has emailed me about an exciting new series of Limited Edition Military Art Prints. All prints are in a very small print run of 380 each. I will post the first two in this posting and the following in this series in the next posting.

1) Private, 24th Regiment of Foot, Isandlwana, 1879

[IMG]

2) Officer, 24th Regiment of Foot, Isandlwana, 1879

[IMG]

Additional 4 prints in next posting.

Vincent Wai's Military Art Prints - click here
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
  3. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hello Vince..
    Great to see your art work, spent some time looking at them and have enjoyed them very much,.. In my opinion one often gets more of a sence feeling of what subject is about, than from a photo, hope you've got more under way..
    Myself , I battle between sculpting and art work,... good to see you've a handle on it.....
    good stuff Phil......
  4. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Cool... I hope we see figures of these soon...

One thing though.... that 2nd Isandlwana print... that looks more like an officer of the NNC than the 24th Foot... Is that correct?

Rudi :)
  5. vince wai Active Member

Hello Phil and Rudi,

Thanks. What I first do ( for a living ) is illustration, then I got into sculpting, it's just I am having a little "break" now and go back into painting:) I am working on some sketches on a Winged Hussar and a Mongol soldier ( not together but separate painting ) and is looking for a satisfactory composition.

Rudi,

From my reference, the infantry officers at the time wore both the scarlet tunic and the blue patrol jacket.

vince
  6. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Thanks Vince, I must say it is a nice change though from the usual scarlet jacket... ;)

So when can we expect to see these as figures?? :lol: