1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viking Warrior

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by diamond cutter, Feb 5, 2013.

1. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Here is a new figure
    I welcome your critisisms and comments

Attached Files:

2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Oh good you have given me the courage to post my new Mr Potato Head bust of Custer (spaghetti hair).

Colin
    diamond cutter likes this.
  3. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    You must post Colin-don't hide all of those minutes of hard work away from everyone mate!
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    My wife served him up when I wasn't looking.....starting over....first gotta find one with 2 eyes.

Colin
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'll probably find something wrong when I stop laughing ..... nope it's all good
    Glad to see you took on board all the suggestions (y)
  6. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I thought that I'd run it by you chaps before it goes into mould
    DEL likes this.
  7. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    So it will become a commercial release - great

Most probably you were then also involved in creating this documentary footage
    ChaosCossack and diamond cutter like this.
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The stance looks plastic/wooden, and very naive to me, almost toylike.:sneaky:
    Carl.(y)
  9. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    You might want to check the research, I don't think the Vikings had horns on there helmets !
    Ha lol.
  10. Edward A Fixture

England
    I've just finished reading the Viking sagas and they mention noses so this is totally inaccurate.
  11. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you for the constructive comments.
    My references for this was the Argos catalogue which has some very fine photos of actual Vikings just like this one
    and some recent finds in a local derelict house
    But I guess they must be all wrong:(
  12. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jeez Pete, your sculpts just get better and better!
    I'm not sure if the yellowness of the beard is the right colour for that particular humidity of the time of day in whatever year B.C. he is supposed to be depicted. I will make it my lifelong goal to find this out and if it takes me forever then it'll take me forever. And when I forego everything in my life to reach this answer I will duly send you the info and be chuffed to bits with myself because I think everyone will think I'm ace.
    Hope this helps.
    Gells.
    housecarl likes this.
  13. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I think he's from 2007 A.D. so my references tell me but it looks as if they are all wrong.
    Sadly I lost my copy of The Woolworth sagas and it's now long out of print, and I don't trust The Poundland Chronicles
    So Gells, your research will be of benefit to all Mankind, which would make you truly Ace(y)
    housecarl likes this.
  14. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    For the sake of Mankind and oh for Pete's sake!, I've just sold the kids to an Arab, put the wife in storage, put my house on the market, flogged my entire Showaddywaddy LP collection and had my personality removed so I can fund my expedition to get that information for you as it will also enrich your life tenfold but enable me to join the 101 percent accurate club and fulfil my lifelong ambition........to think I'm loved and brainy as fook, by millions of admirers.
    Hope this helps,
    Gells
    Tommi, housecarl and diamond cutter like this.
  15. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Gells-people may say that you want to have a Civil Derekship with me mate!
    Your commitment to this project shows the distinct lack of common sense needed on a quest for knowledge such as this!
    I shall speak to that great looter and pillager of our time, David 'Olaff' Cameron and see if we can get you some new trousers or something.
  16. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Opinion is divided
  17. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Del, that's the sort of constructive input needed!
    The thirst for knowledge is driving me to that great fountain of wisdom, Facebook
    DEL likes this.
  18. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  19. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Some minutes ago, I decided to start the figure again, so this is a wip.
    All comments are welcome especialy from people who have photos taken in 9oo ad or thereabouts, give or take a thousand years or so

Attached Files:

20. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Much better with out the horns.
    Is the shield detail sculpted on?
    I know some don't like having the pattern dictated to them.
    Carl.(y)
    Gellso likes this.