1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viking Warrior

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    AWESOME.............really good Ernest........Best of Show anywhere it goes!!!
  2. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Gran trabajo Ernesto, por donde lo veas está lleno de detalles para admirar.
    me he quedado "pasmado" ;)

Saludos.
  3. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Speechless is an understatement. This is simply awesome and without a doubt, your best work to date Ernesto. There is absoutely nothing (at least that I can see) that's wrong with this figure. Nothing. Wow! :eek:

Jim Patrick
  4. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Stunning Ernesto! Simply superb.

John
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Amazing work there Ernesto. Your painting on this figure it's simple stunning.
  6. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Make room on the medal shelf, because that one is pure GOLD!
  7. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Stunning, breathtaking, ... :eek: :eek: :eek:
    This is painting in a superlative degree.

Johan
  8. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Awsome!! Really a masterpiece!! Such character in that face!
    The whole paintjob is stunning, but Your skintones, metal and wood are really really awsome! A real beauty! I love it all the way, Ernesto!!
    Thanks for sharing,

Eddy.
  9. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Hi Ernesto !

Wow ! :eek: And again WOW ! :eek: Masterpiece !

Congratulations my friend!

Best regards

Jacek
  10. JP PRAJOUX Member

Great Job Ernesto (y)
    Jean-Philippe
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ernesto,

I have no more to say then the others before me have said. (y) (y)

But i have a question. I really like the colours you used. Can you share them with me/us. For me, some colours i will use on my Marcomanni warrior wich i'm doing at the moment.

Thanks

Marc
  12. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Ernesto..you have made an absolutely stunning job on this figure...you must have really enjoyed every part of it because it shows in your painting..you are really achieving something special with your painting..
    The second picture from the side...he looks like he's just going to strike the fatal blow...right out of the picture..!!

He's wonderful..a real trest to look at.

Roy.
  13. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    Ernest
    Like the others wrote it's really a very fine piece
    I like the olors of several materials, the axs looks like real, the leather like real used leather
    Compliments on it and I save a couple of pics on my HD as referencepics if you don't mind
    Bert
  14. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Ernesto

Well, what can I say! This is a near perfect example of miniature art - a great balance between realism and artistic creativity.

Certainly the best version of this figure I have ever seen.

So I think it's time you went on a world tour now so we can all get to see your work in the flesh!

Superb!

Rob
  15. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Absolutely Terrific painting Ernesto

I have this figure .....should I put it up for sale :lol:

Seriously ...your work is an inspiration of what can be achieved
    with careful painting

Have saved the pics ...hope i can at least get somewhere near to what
    you have achieved

thanks for sharing

Frank (y) (y)
  16. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ernesto, EXCELLENT and AWESOME stuff :)

Like Frank before me, I also own this figure and I'm reluctant to start it after I've seen your GREAT rendition from top to bottom on ALL FRONTS :angry: .........

Take care,

Ray ;)
  17. Toadlet New Member

Poland
    Ernesto!

Excellent Job! Awesome, Amazing... argh... all was already told. I am really inspired. Thanks for sharing!

best regards
    Wojtek
  18. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

Super Ernesto! Your work on weathering the outfit and accessories is inspirational. It's a new mark for the rest of us to match!
    Matt
  19. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    FABULOUS !!!!
  20. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    WoW this is great, I wake up this morning and I saw all this nice comments :) Thanks to all you guys, I´m very glad that you like this one I hope to take this one to an expo in Europe or US soon...
    Now to answer some questions I will give you a short breafing about how I paint the metal parts:
    First I painted a base color with Black, English Uniform, Cadm Brown and Metal Grey from Tamiya, for the lights I used washes of English Uniform with some Metal Grey and the highlights with a little bit of ink print, the method to do this is using little charges of paint in the brush (don´t charge to much the brush)...
    For the shadows I used some chocolate brown and Black, for the deep shadows only washes of black.
    For the Axe I made the same mixture but of course I highlight more the edge of the axe, It´s very important to use the brush as dots, circles or little points to do the texture of rusty metal, that´s´the secret, Try to don´t use too much black color and use it as washes and add colors like English Uniform and Brown to give it more realistic aspect to the metals...
    Thanks a lot guys if you have another questions let me know ok....

all the best

ER