1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viking Warrior

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Brad S Member

Ernesto,

WOW! I love love every single millimeter. The flesh, fabric, metals are superb. These pictures have been of real interest to me. As I paint almost strictly in Vallejo and Andrea. Very nice job. I have saved to desktop slideshow.

Thanks for sharing.

Brad Spelts
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ernesto,

Great figure!! You are moving up my list of favorite painters to look at their work. ;)

Joe
  3. MarkL Member

Hi Ernesto,

beautiful work. You have a really good feeling for the colour values and the balance. I like the strong contrasts, too.
    Just a technical question: This seems to be a heavy piece, did you use any kind of pinning for the shield and the arms or just gluing?

Best regards

Mark
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Ernest...he is looking fantastic. The colours are really striking, yet never too strong.
    Beautiful..

All the best.

Roy.
  5. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Ernesto my friend ........... AWESOME work :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Congrats and best regards

Jacek
  6. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello...
    Jacek thanks for your comment

Roy thank you I'm glad that you like the colors combination I had to improve a little bit

Mark thanks, yes the figure it's very heavy, a lot of metal :lol: I used epoxy glue for the biger parts and ciano for smaller parts, but mostly epoxy glue, I'm just using pings for the foot

Joe thanks a lot pal, your comments are always apreciated

Brad thank you I painted this figure using always Vallejo's acrylics works for me but some colors satin and I have to use flat varnish to give it the real final aspect, I heard that Andrea's acrylics give a flat aspect...

Roc thank you very much my friend, your comments always aprecited
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ernesto, Fantastic job on the Viking. There are not many painters that will attempt painting a figure larger than 54mm in acrylics.~Gary
  8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thank you Gary,, I really hope some day to paint one of yours amazing sculpt figures...
    cheers
    ER
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ernesto.

I have again echo all the others. It is amazing. Now i am looking forward to the groundwork. I think that it is just a great piece of art as your figure.

Marc.
  10. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    I allways loved this figure.

But a good figure can only become to justice in the hands of a masterpainter,
    and your brushes did the Viking come to life!!

Loved the way You made the shield look old.

Thanks for sharing, Ernesto.

Eddy
  11. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thanks a lot Eddy, the figure it´s allrady done, but I have to wait for somone to borrow me a cam :( I hope this weekend will take the final pictures...
    all the best
    ER
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME,Ernesto,just AWESOME (y) (y) (y) !!!
    Kenneth.
  13. godfather Member

Very well done the flesh tones look like he is working at swinging that axe. Please tell me how you did the metal on the axe it looks very realistic.
  14. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ernesto...........it's a masterpiece in respect of sculpting, and you've done it MORE then JUSTICE with your outstanding flawless "fast" painting :eek: ..........

I have this figure and you've made an almost impossible task of trying to emulate your piece :angry:

Welldone ;)

Ray.
  15. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Finally the Viking Warrior is done, I could take pictures today...I really enjoy this project I hope you like it
    any comments are welcome
    cheers
    ER

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Some details.... :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    more details...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    spectacular!! (y)
  19. Roc Active Member

United-States
    I agree with Gordy, very spectacular (y) (y)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  20. Denis Member

Canada
    Wow !!

I'm speachless...Wonderfull. :)

The colors are very rich. I realy like it.

And the metal effects are terrific!

Bravo!!

By the way who made this figure?

Denis