1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viking Warrior, 1300 ac

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jitch0t, Jun 3, 2004.

1. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hi folks, just to let you know what i've been doing lately. I'm not having too much time as i used too but... :(

This is a figure sculpted by Rendall Patton for Andrea Miniatures. I've used it to train "big" surfaces and i've decided that... i hate them! :lol: I also tried to reach more contrast as you guys have been told me in my first figures, i hope i'm on the right way.

Here's a little sbs:

Low part highlighted... you can see the contrast with the upper part.

[IMG]

Trousers (base color) & belts

[IMG]

Trousers done, axe, knife, shoes...

[IMG]

And the final stage...

[IMG]

Thanks for your attention :lol:
  2. Patrick Kirk New Member

Looks great!
    Do you use oils or acrylics?
    I really like the effect that you got with the bone knife...care to share you mix?

Hope all is well

Patrick
  3. oniria A Fixture

Spain
    Hi all!

Good on you Daniel. That really looks good. Maybe you could take a closeup shot of the face?

saludos.
  4. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hi guys, thanks for the kind words.

Patrick: i use acrylics. The mix was... Ivory + golden brown, highlights with Ivory, both of them Vallejo Model Color

Angel: hi, i'll try later but it's not worth.

Regards
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking great Dani!

I think your on the right path with the contrast, its looking very good! Keep up the good work!
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Daniel, (y) (y) on the figure !! Keep up the good work and post more soon ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hmm... I personally dont like this figure but thats certainly not your fault, Daniel, but Andrea Miniatures. This mostly as I personally wage a crusade against myths about vikings such as horned helmets and as in this case feathers on the helmets. Theres no evidence for such decorations. ;)

In addition I find the angle of where his left arm is coming out of the torso is rather odd, but again thats none of your doings.

The painting of the sheath of the knife is nice and a nice touch to make it in green rather than in natural leather. That innovative. So is the handle bone effect. I myself would like a more matt look on the larger pieces of cloth, though. Also like the highlightning of the tunica, unfortunatly some of this is lost when the cape is added.

Please take my critism for nitpicks on an otherwise welldone figure. That only what it is. :)
  8. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hey Dani, verdaderamente se nota un gran avance en tus contrastes lucen geniales!!!. Mientras logres un buen difuminado (que lo has hecho!!) podras contrastar tanto como te venga en gana.

Felicidades por este gran avanze compa!!! :lol:
    Cheers
    Ed
  9. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Janne: you are completely right, that's why i didn't like much this fig... About the matt look... yes, i'm still testing with the Tamiya's Flat Base ;)

Ed: hola compadre, muchas gracias, a ver qué tal la siguiente... aún no sé cual... :(
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Daniel, it's looking great, I like it.

keeo up the good work and keep us posted.

Roc. :)
  11. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I painted one of these a long time ago. It's a terrific figure. You did a great job.
  12. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Be very careful with the Tamiya Flat Base. Many makes the mistake taking it for a matt varnish when its only a matting agent. Start with mixing about 10% Flat Base to 90% Tamiya Clear or Future if you rather prefer that.

Flat Base out of the jar has ruined many models.
  13. jitch0t Member

Spain
    thanks for the advice Janne

i think i get a nice mix with the trousers & tunica but not with the cape... it looks a bit shinny. I guess it's because i had to use more paint and didn't want to mess it... :(

thanks again :)