1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viking figures needed

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by Vikingz, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Vikingz Member

United-States
    This is my 1st post as I stumbled on this site looking for old kits. My question to you is could someone happen to have some of these figures I may be looking for.

1.Actramac Diffusion- It looks like "Guy" has these in his gallery as how I found this site. The one of a 120mm viking standing between mammoth ruins, I believe its titled Thor or Odin. The other is a 120mm viking mounted on horseback don't have a tittle.

2.Phoniex Models- They had a 54mm set I believe it was called the At Home Series of 5 or 6 vikings in sitting and standing positions holding misc food items in their hands.

3.New Hope Designs- In Osprey Vikings book plate F is the reference of the figure which is in question, a 54mm viking on horseback with captive woman.

4.Fort Royal Review- I know the Lost Battalion has some of the molds but has yet to produce this one. It may be considered a Saxon of a 120mm figure with sword shield and helmet w/ nose and eye guard.

Any info to finding these would be great.

I'm so glad I found this site and looking forward to contribute even though I maybe limited to one era in time.
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the planet David.

The Mounted Viking was made years ago by David Parkins in his "Rape & Pillage" Series and was dropped from their line due to casting problems. It has got to be the worst mounted kit I have ever assembled as the legs all had to be pegged and then pinned. Upon completion the horse stood in an unnatural stance. I have one completed and it stays down in the bottom of my case. The Viking on the horse is an outstanding casting of a Viking with loads of detail. I saw this kit posted on ebay several months ago and some unfortunate chap bought it.

The Phoenix series I have not seen in years but I may be able to hook you up to a dealer who may have a few left over. The last I saw any of these was on ebay too.

Phoenix also had a 5 set "Lindesfarne Series" of Vikings in 54mm which occasionally come up on ebay

I may be able to help you on the Ft Royal Review figure.

send me an email to guy@planetfigure.com and I'll see what I can find for you.

Yes........I am a Viking fan ( among other eras) and over the 34 years of painting figures have painted all the ones above you describe.

Guy
  3. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Thanks Guy

I will email you, just wanted to say I once had/painted those Phoenix figures for one of my 1st SCHAMS shows cira 90-91 15yrs ago. I didn't start my grey army of about 300 or so viking figures from misc mediums, till I got married in 98. FYI the Phoenix Lindisfarne series is still avail for sale in the UK.
    Let me ask you this question, would you happen to know if the Actramac VK014 is a conversion of your Thor/Odin? Reason is I was emailed this/some info from AD themselves but was unable to decipher completely, Lost in Translation.

Your knowledge is BRILLANT
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I'm not sure about VK014 being a conversion or not. I just checked Atramac's website and they don't show the image for VK014. If you have an image of this piece I could be able to tell you, more than likely.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    If this is the one you mean.....no....its not a conversion unless its a radical one. Alot of differences.

Attached Files:

6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here is the Odin / Thor from Actramac that I did years ago.

Also...........David Parkins sold his Masters I believe to Frontline Miniatures and their miniatures could be marketed under that label as well

Attached Files:

7. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Guy

The VK014 is a conversion, I just searched thru my boxes and pulled it out. Red Lancers has it but w/ no pic on the website. Its that figure (mammoth ruins)standing over a monk w/ a large alter/table as a back drop. Doesn't have the horns on the helmet and has a eye/nose guard and is holding a sickle in the right hand and a shield in the left, this from the black and white photo copy for box art. So basically just changed out hands and substituted horns for face guard. Learn something new every day. I also uncovered a Mammoth head from a Repliques and Legends viking figure I forgot about.
    I have most other Actramac figures 1.Boat w/two figures 2. VK015 the other pic you just posted of Thor 3.VK016 Dead viking 4.VK006 Viking over dead monk holding a cross. Would you happen to know of others to fill in the blanks between vk001 thru vk014, I know the boat kit is in there and also accounts for 4 individual numbers, as a whole kit and broken down each piece, plus the two previously mentioned but that only accounts for 7 between 1-14. Where the Firing Line ones included then and maybe also the Lyric Chieftain sitting on the chair. Hmmm I could go on and on and on and on...... Ive been on this site for 7hrs took a break to eat.
  8. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Guy

Did some more homework the figure for Fort Royal is FR61 Viking Cheiftain. The New Hope figure is MA0543 Mounted viking carring captive female
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Much of the Phoenix line can be found here.

Click me if you love vikings

Cheers
  10. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Urak

Thanks that's the site I was trying to refer to about the Lindensfarne series, but they don't have the series in question. Guy helped me w/ a source for the ones I'm looking for yet to here back w/ any news.

Thank you again thou.
  11. Lancer Active Member

I Have the Firing Line Viking, although he is called the Barbarian King, as well as a 120mm foot figure they did as well, a Viking swinging a sword and a barbarian with an axe. I let my kids paint on the last two! I'll snap some photo's when I get home from work tonight!
    Guy was right, pinning the legs for the horse was quite the project and they snpped off a couple times before I finally got them on solid enough. The rest of the figure was not bad, but would have sold better as a resin or metal piece instead of a combination of both!
    Cheers
    Mark
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here is a Actramac listing from an old Red Lancer Catalog:

VK001 - Viking seated on throne
    VK002 - Prow of Viking Ship with 2 Vikings on deck
    VK003 - Prow of Viking Ship
    VK004 - Viking with sheild and spear ( from VK002)
    VK005 - Viking with axe / Raven on Arm ( from VK002)
    VK006 - Viking with dead Monk
    VK007 - no listing for this number
    VK008 - Viking warrior attacking with axe / pairs with 009 ( old Parkins fig)
    VK009 - Highland King, sheild and sword ( old Parkins fig )
    VK013 - Odin with Mamoth Throne

This was all I could find in my old Red Lancer Catalogs. The newer numbers from VK010 through 14 came out later and I'm not sure what they were. I only knew what 13 was due to purchasing it.

Hope this helps some.
    Guy
  13. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Thanks for everyone's input, with all info was able to determine the rest of the AD line are ones I have in Lyric and Firing Line. But with that said still would like to find/have the two figures in question from above.
    Guy, thanks again for your help, but unfortunately the source you gave me contacted me this morning and didn't have the series in question. So to sum it up back to square one and still need all thee above mentioned.

David
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I think I have found you the FRR61 Fort Royal. Will know for sure later today and will email you.

Guy
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Check your email Dave.......I just emailed you about FRR61

Guy
  16. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Got it... Thanks I just looked thru my old emails and she is same woman that contacted me back in Nov stating she needed to repair the molds. I emailed her again just now, but as you mentioned I my need your help with some of those missing pieces you may have.

David
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Just let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    You have to listen to Guy, when it comes to Indians, mountain men and Vikings,
    He is the Planet figure expert. ;)

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  19. Vikingz Member

United-States
    Looking thru an old Red Lancers Catalog I found one more figure I'd be interested in locating...... Armour Models 90mm Viking Warrior NT/002 If anyone has this one or any of the above and willing to part with please let me know.
  20. Vikingz Member

United-States
    For those interested in my long term health and overall well being and sanity, a packaged arrived today with the final pieces to my puzzle. I managed to track down all the above in question threw moms attic, internet and ebay.

One question to those who are familiar with the mounted Actramac kit, is the figure cast as one piece with the horse or two separate pieces figure + horse.

Attached Files: