1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Viking Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by callmehobbes, Mar 24, 2021.

1. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Here's one I started ages ago and has been sat gathering dust. Peter Day has inspired my to dust it off and try and complete it. Ive kept the face as was (I like the eyes) but redone the hair/beard. the helmet needs something. before it was too bright/silvery, now its too dark. And just noticed how rough it looks up close with the camera- WP_20210324_12_06_57_Pro (2).jpg WP_20210324_12_07_06_Pro (2).jpg that will need fixing. Im not really sure where to go with it so any ideas welcome.
    KenBoyle and Babelfish like this.
  2. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    What are you using to paint the helmet?
  3. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    AV silver with black, blue and brown. I then gave a wash of dirty brown to age it. I really need to sand it down and repaint it. Im amazed how rough it appears on the pics.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

A good subject Interesting your thinks no of sanding back rather than strip totally and repaint

If I may the background doesn't show the piece too well

Look forward to seeing more on this

Happy benchtime

Nap
    callmehobbes likes this.
  5. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    I agree - the background has really muted some colours.
  6. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have not used the AV silver. Last metals I did I used Gunze Mr. Metal. After a primer, I used dark grey as the under coat the put the gunze iron on and buffed it up. I have always struggled with metal finished. Have you tried AV burnt umber for a wash? I really like it it helps tone things down.