1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ron Tamburrini, Jul 23, 2015.

1. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great work and preparation Ron,this will look great when finished :)
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Third try at getting these on
    IMG_1565.JPG IMG_1571.JPG IMG_1577.JPG IMG_1573.JPG

Amazing what you can do when you switch the feker off :D

Gonna have difficulty setting a date for this scene as the regiment went thru a lot of dress regulations between 1804 to 1812 /13
    Viking Bob, Lasalle, Tonton and 2 others like this.
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good
    John
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    It's looking great. Looking forward to more WIP

Alan
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice composition. I should tighten it more. There is to much empty space in my humble opinion at the front.

But it inspired me to take the box with alot of Historex figures and try to do something myself.

Marc
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You are right Marc , it does need to be tightened up a bit , I will reduce the base size all round by about 15mm .
    The empty space at the front is a bit of a problem , definitely need some inspiration there :)

Thanx for the input (y)

Ron
  7. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just a suggestion....bring the figures more forward on the base....with the animation you intend to introduce into the figures....it will visually tell the onlooker that the reason for their urgency is out of sight behind them......

Hope that makes sense mate :confused:
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ron I have now done a bit of both, reduced the base size by 10mm and brought it all forward a tad , empty space is now gone (y) Cheers

Ron T
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tightened this up a bit , chopped up the lead horse IE cut head off and repositioned , cut off left front leg , cut a v in the back of the knee joint and bent it back a bit . base area was reduced by 10mm all round . the metal base on horse one will be cut short just enough to steady the figure and get a good fixing .

IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1582.JPG IMG_1585.JPG
    May change the converted horse as I am sliding away from the original concept , I wanted this to have a cloth Shabraque rather than a leopard skin ; but this was a spare horse given to me so didn't mind chopping it up :)

Attached Files:

10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looking great Ron. Staging horses is a nightmare... My own multiple horse dio stalled because I am struggling with set up. You seem to have this big issue solved.

Following this closely

Colin
  11. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Colin
    Getting the poses right is a bit testing esp with expensive MM stuff " one slip and down the hole you go" :rolleyes:
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I will put that wheel beside the right horse.
    The hussars look all to the right. In that case the horse will be trapped into the wheel.
    Therefore the longly horse should turn more to the hussars.
    It will tighten the scene more and give some tension.
    You can put the wheel against a little whall what will close the scene at the left.
    Just some idea's.

marc
  13. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The wheel is causing a problem Mark but it is in the painting albeit a bit further in front , ok in two dimensions but with drawing everything in to tighten the scene is the problem
  14. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    How about moving the wheel closer to the currently riderless horse. That way the group will look as if it is negotiating the obstacle.

Andrew
  15. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Is there a reason why the wheel has to lie flat, can it be protruding out of the ground(to make the obstacle smaller) or leaning up against a stone/rock.

Zane
  16. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Ron: I am following this project with a great deal
    of interest. For one thing, I try to remember the new
    modelers who check out this site. You explaining your
    thought process and all the planning that goes into
    a project like this, is very helpful for beginners, in my
    opinion. I feel equestrian projects are always more detailed
    and more difficult to pull off. Are you going to have the
    terrain be flat? Or will it be uneven? Just curious. Good
    luck and have a lot of fun . . . . The Miami Jayhawk
  17. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Zane , the wheel will be sunk into the mud with only a portion showing so should work without trapping the horses which are about to wheel hard right ,
    this will become much clearer when the riders are fixed on , it works in the illustration but whether it will work in three dimensions is another thing:rolleyes:

Hi jayhawk , there will be a little conturing of the groundwork but not a lot as the figures are on a road albeit a very muddy one and are about to turn to attack a threat from the right ; glad you are following this but it has reached the stage where I won't post for a while as most of the changes will be small from now till I have the figures complete and ready for painting .
    The painting will be a challenge in itself as all these guys have hussar style uniforms and all the cords, belts , sabretache etc that go with it ; which I plan to try and paint as much insitue as possible , uniform colours will be red and green predominantly two colours I am most comfortable with and will be in oils .
    This a long project and I expect there will be many problems to overcome :)

Ron
    kansas kid, zane666 and ChaosCossack like this.
  18. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hello Ron
    just tuned into this one, loving what your doing and will follow to the end.
    All the best
    Bob
  19. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Much luck Ron. Stick with it... Can't wait to see this take shape.

Colin
  20. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello again, Ron:
    Oh my Sir, you are such a gentleman. I do so appreciate
    you taking time to answer my question about the terrain.
    Indeed, I certainly understand the complexity of this kind
    of a project, a scene from the Napoleonic Era, with all
    those little details about the uniforms, let alone the trappings
    of three horses. Good luck, Sir. Ha ha, ha. It reminds me
    of that well known saying that, at this late stage in my life,
    I try to keep in mind. . . . "it isn't the destination, it is the
    journey!"
    Miami Jayhawker