1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Vignette WIP and New Macro Lens/Old Works

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by YongA01, Mar 27, 2010.

1. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Dear all,

I got a new macro lens 2 weeks ago recommended by Calvin (again), it is a Tamron Macro Lens to accompany my Canon DSLR... quite pricey but worth every penny for figure modeller. This week really enjoy taking the shots. I thought I took some photes on a few of my old work which I never taken any good photoes in the past. Hope you like them. All comment welcome

Also a teaser for my new vignette I started last week... paint work will start next week hopefully... any coment and improvement pls advse. I am not totally happy with the final setting, may add or remove some stuff

Happy modelling
    Allan

Attached Files:

Knill22, caramba, Marcel and 3 others like this.
  2. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    MUCH better, my friend. Beautiful photos, real colors and contrasts. Thi is it :)
    BTW, I like your new vignette, hope to see more progress soon.

Best regards
    Artur
  3. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Allen:

Congrats on the new macro lens. Very nice photos. The one if the GI is
    my favorite. I think you have an excellent sense of composition. . . so
    important, IMHO, to model building and figure painting.

Jaybird
  4. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful stuff here...I agree with Jaybird...the comp in the vignettes is top shelf...love the pose on the soldier looking up. I can see him exhaling smoke in my mind's eye.
    Props!
  5. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Artur - thanks, need to catch up with you.

Hi Phil/Rick - thanks man. The vignette will be painted as a night scene, there is "waiting for airdrop". Will use a very heavy directional lighting painting method this round, use street light as light source... still studying various light source to get more understanding on the final outcome.

Allan