1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"View from my bench -2019 and beyond "

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ivopreda, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  3. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    I'm back... I just finished some of the pieces on the desk...

first one is the Bonaparte for Figurinitaly (FCI14 available as resin kit at figurinitaly@gmail.com)
    you have already seen it in the news page

DSC_2236.JPG

the second figure sort from my comfort zone and is a Kettledrummer from the Maison du Roi 1730
    DSC_2252.JPG

also the third figure sort from my comfort zone and is a Rattsky officer 1720

DSC_2246.JPG
  4. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Fantastic!
    Jaybo likes this.
  5. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    An outstanding body of work - Congratulations!
  6. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    As always, Ivo, you show us yet more stunning work.(y)(y)
  7. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    sgt Ewart finished DSC_2272.JPG

DSC_2270.JPG
  8. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ivo's work, as always is brilliant & inspiring. I especially love the Maison du Roi Timbalier. I would love some of Ivo's insight on how he managed the uniform lace & kettledrum banners. Fantastic!
  9. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    just a fast assembly of Metal Modeles parts and a new Figurinitaly head ( from set n° 5) to obtain a classic hussard...

I didn't decide the regiment and the subject... please help me to define him...;);)

DSC_2300.JPG DSC_2296.JPG DSC_2299.JPG
    NeilW, oldtrousers, Nap and 3 others like this.
  10. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love that Ivo and I'm going to suggest a 5th Hussar although I don't know who he might be . . .

Cheers
    Paul

ps slightly biased because I've just started work on 5th hussar trumpeter :rolleyes:

pps Keep up the great work because this thread is a real inspiration (y)
  11. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb Ivo, No suggestions, just following your lovely painting.
  12. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    other job in progress...

another kettledrummer...from the guard dragoon regiment..
    I did a lot of research about it and I've been surprised that most of the document representing it are incorrect
    Dragoon  (1).JPG Dragoon  (3).jpg

Dragoon  (9).jpg

mostly of the document shows black and old guys... except that the kettledrummer listed in the dragoon rank were young and white

a friend gave me these informations about them:
    - François Nicolas Jacquemin, born in 1792; timpanist to the dragons of the GI in 1806 (so at 14 years old); 1,45m, blue eyes and chestnut hair. leaves his functions in 1810, became trumpet brigadier.
    - Victor Barré, born in 1793; timpanist to the dragons of the GI in 1810 (so at 17 years old); ?? height, brown eyes and chestnut hair.

ok ... is time to decide... my guys will be François Nicolas Jacquemin, I'm interested because was a small guy
    NeilW, oldtrousers, blaster and 4 others like this.
  13. Chazman Active Member

United-States
    All I've got to say is WOW! This thread is awesome and inspirational!
    clrsgt likes this.
  14. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You are right Ivo, a lot of assumptions are made about the man inside the costume by illustrators.
    I would go with the information rather than the painting.
    Rousellot and Begnini have been found to have made errors across their work,
    Like white bearskins for Horse Grenadier Trumpeters, wereas you know the facts.
    Best wishes.
    Jaybo likes this.
  15. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

I agree...mostly of the documents were copies of the copies and assumption for similitude...

the only white busby documented was the one of the red lancers used only for the wedding of Napoleon and Marie Louise, assumption move the same to other guard regiment...

the black kettledrummer was an assumption of the german painter in the mid of 19th century...copied and recopied...
    Jaybo and peedee like this.
  16. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    some time I convert horses ( specially when I'm without inspirations...;) ) that's useful because in this case I took one of that horses... after cleaning the powder

kettledrummer has a specific saddlecloth, I used an historex part plus some copper to built it. to optimize the cloth I added some Milliput terracotta to close the holes and resculpt some folds.

DSC_2294.JPG

the boy has been sculpted with the classic wire system with some terracotta used before to create pelvis and torso and later to make the basis for the trousers.

I sculpted him considering his tall of 1.45 mt selecting the youngest head from my Figurinitaly range (kit n° 1)

DSC_2302.JPG

the front part of the cloth of the saddle was made directly in terracotta. Special attention for the mane of the horse that all the documents shows tressed with a blue ribbon. To simulate I simply get some lead wire tressed and positioned. Later i sculpted the mane
    DSC_2301.JPG
    Jaybo, oldtrousers, blaster and 7 others like this.
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    It is and will be great modelling.

marc
    peedee likes this.
  18. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    mameluck trousers have been sculpted, stirrups have been inserted before drying of the putty.

DSC_2305.JPG DSC_2306.JPG
    I choose the typical french stirrups instead of the mamluk style because I suppose that wasn't so easy for a young boys learn how to use them
    oldtrousers, blaster, Nap and 4 others like this.
  19. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    another update

sword has been added carving the trousers... we have to remember the weight of the weapons... they don't stay lifted up on the silk of the trousers

DSC_2308.JPG DSC_2309.JPG

I also sculpted the hat and the ostrich feathers over a small ball of putty dried
  20. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    the dress was made with a sheet of milliput terracotta paying attention to the draping around the sword

DSC_2313.JPG DSC_2312.JPG DSC_2315.JPG

arms were completed over a metallic rod using Figurinitaly hands in 1/35 scale to simulate the smaller hands of the young guy

finally completed ... waiting for the drums
    DSC_2328.JPG DSC_2329.JPG DSC_2330.JPG

drums are the last decision, not sure that are timbales...
    Jaybo, oldtrousers, DaddyO and 5 others like this.