1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Vietnam 'The Grunt'

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jitch0t, Mar 25, 2004.

1. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hi folks!

I just started my next project.

[IMG]

I only primed it with Citadel White Skull spray and painted the eyes and base color for flesh (Brown Sand 876 Vallejo)

[IMG]

Waiting for the weekend to work it more :lol:
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good so far DAniel.......look forward to seeing your weekend progress.
  3. Grizzly Member

really nice bust got the same one on my bench,upper torso done and still trying to get the face done. (y)
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent!

this was one of the first works figure-wise i did for Verlinden its a very lightly modified version of the full figure done by Julian Hullis..
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hi guys!

Gordy, you sculpted it??? :eek:
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Just some very light conversion work, I had reworked the expression on the face, added chinstraps and some doo-dads on the helmet (the little 'rolled' up bag looking thing on the back is supposed to be a bag of marijuana ;) )

The bust was cut from a full figure that Julian Hullis had done (y) A one of many Verlinden recycle jobs...
  7. Grizzly Member

oops sorry forgot to ;og in :)
  8. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hey Gordy, thanks for the reply.

I really like this bust, it's not like the other Verlinden busts where the faces look a little 'cartoonish'.

It's an honour to paint a bust that you reworked :)
  9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    your too kind

It was an honour to work on a Hullis figure :)

my first full bust was Verlinden's Galland, much to my dissapointment he used the "Flight cap" version of the head on the box art (the kit comes with two heads one with flightcap and one without) the one w/o the flight cap looks best, in my opinion ..
    - i've never seen one of those Verlinden Galland busts painted...
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Daniel,

Your bust is coming along nicely.
    keep us posted on your step by step.

Roc. (y)
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Daniel!

Looking great buddy! Looking forward to see it come to life. This is one bust that I will do sometime in the future for sure, always liked the looks of it.

I do have a small pointer on the eyes. They look excellent, but they seam to be a little to small, not a big thing but just a pointer. Looking forward to see how you tackle the greens!
  12. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hey Anders! thanks for the comments!

I'm quite happy with the eyes, after various tryouts, maybe it's a problem with the whites balance of the camera.

Me too looks forward to see how i tackle the greens :D
  13. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Lights done, not happy but... :angry:

[IMG]

I'll wait to do the shadows and see how it looks but for now I don't like the way he's looking, don't know why

What do you guys think?
  14. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Daniel

The lights look pretty good overall, but (photography aside), his chin looks a little too light to me. Assuming some overhead lighting, some highlight would be visible on his chin, but maybe not as much as the photo suggests.
    If I cover up the chin as I look at the monitor, the rest looks great.

just my thoughts

Rob
  15. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hey Rob, thanks for the words!

The problem is that i try to follow the cenital light thecnic too closely...

what do the rest think?
  16. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Added shadows...

[IMG]

still not 100% happy, hope it looks better when i add the beard shadow, finish the mouth, lips and teeth and all that stuff... :)
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Looks GOOD,Daniel (y) ;it's getting there.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  18. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Daniel, That face is really looking good.~Gary
  19. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Thanks so much Kenneth and Gary. Mouth and eyebrows done. I tried to paint the eyebrows simulating little hairs.

[IMG]

Next step... beard shadow... but i don't want to mess it! help!! :)
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Daniel........the face has come along way and is looking great. I also hate to add the 5 o'clock shadow in fear of messing up a good flesh job......just take your time.