1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Victory at Sedan!"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jason W., Nov 25, 2004.

1. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Excellent work, Jason. Thanks for taking the time to photograph and post your sculpting and painting process.

Kreston
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Leigh and Roc!

Dan, I had to add a little symbolism to the scene ;)

Gary, thanks my friend, it amazes me too at how quick this is coming together!
    With so many figures in the dio, there was/is always something to do. Very little putty has been wasted on this project.

Dave, thanks alot, I owe alot to the pF community for the help and encouragement w/ this dio.

Kreston, I appreciate it!

Jason
  3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jason, a big well done on this one.It's coming out beautifully (y)

Stephen Mallia
  4. olly_usafsoc New Member

Looks, extremley good, not a period im familiar with.. but you're dragging me in! :eek: :lol:
  5. mahross New Member

Jason, just found this thread. Excellent. One of my favourite eras. The diorama id superb. How much is left to do?

Ross
  6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Jason, this is definitely one of your best to date. Just a terrific job.
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Come on in, Olly! With Bill Horan's F-P War accessories available, it will be much easier to convert/build figures from that period. I'm not a student of the conflict, but finding it interesting to study it's causes and it's effect on Europe as a whole.

Thanks Stephen!

Ross, two figures left. Should be finished by mid-April.

Thanks Bob! It's been fun building, but anxious to see it done.

Jason
  8. fsdesimone Member

Awesome!! I don't think I can mention anything that hasn't been said already. And you work so quickly.

Francesca
  9. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Jason,

That is excellent. You are one of the most talented sculptors around and an excellent painter as well.

The only thing I noticed and it could be the photo is on the fella with the sword pointed up (to the right of the horse on the photo). His shoulders look a bit small, but again, it could be the photo.

Overall trully amazing and fantastic work. Do you sell/trade your work?

Lou
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason,

I have just been sitting back and enjoying your work. I am hoping to get some inspiration to do something myself. I am amazed at how far you have come and how fast. I look forward to seeing the whole thing come together.

Joe
  11. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Joe!

Lou,

Thanks for the kind words my friend, very much appreciated. As for the shoulder, yeah it appears a little small. I think it's because I didn't fill out that side of the chest more. The length from neck to shoulder edge is "on" but when you start to add putty, things start to change. Another cause could be the upper arm folds overlapping the shoulder. I need to be a little more observent when I start to push putty around already sculpted parts. With the naked eye it looks o.k., but blown up four times it's size, you can really see those things. Thanks for the observations. :)

Yes, I've sold a few pieces. I found it VERY tough in coming up with a $ value. Selling something that I put ALOT of time, planning and soul into is a new experience for me. I didn't want to "short change" myself but I also didn't want to come off as pretentious either. In the end, all came away with what they wanted. :)

Jason
  12. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    I'm glad it's doing something! :lol: Will we be seeing a dio from you sometime soon?

I can only attribute my progression to pF. ;)
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME,Jason,just AWESOME (y) (y) (y) !!! 2 more figures to go,huh ? Man,you are FAST ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  14. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    I couldn't tell if it was th photo-having seen your work "in the flesh" I thought it might be Kodan's fault :)

I went through the same thing in terms of $. When you think how much time you put in, you want to ask for $10,000 and then reality sets in.

In any case. Excellent work. Will it grace MFCA?
  15. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Here's the finished piece. It took alot of motivation to get back at this after it's little accident following MFCA.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Thanks for looking.

Jason

Attached Files:

16. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    pic.2

Attached Files:

17. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    pic.3

Attached Files:

18. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason,

Looks really nice. I'll bite, ;) what happened atfter MFCA? Will you be going to Chicago?

Joe

BTW Show us what else you have been doing. ;)
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Jason,

I have nothing more to say than you created a masterpiece.
    Outstanding, Awesome.

marc
  20. Manfred Active Member

Echoing Joe Hudson.

Please tell us more.