1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Victory at Sedan!"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jason W., Nov 25, 2004.

1. fsdesimone Member

Really nice Jason!!
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    he Jason.

Why does it take so long before we see some new pictures :lol:

It is an amazing job. It is time eating. But man i cannot wait to see it finished.
    Take some holiday's and finish it. :)

Marc
  3. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking great Jason

Your work goes form strength to strength

Robin
  4. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... You made my cold December day !!! (y) Thanks, Jason, and WELL DONE, I imagine the finished diorama will be magnificent !
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jason-

Just great to see thhis come together so well. I enjoyed this alot :)

(y)

Keith
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone!

Yes, and I feel adding the groundwork, as I go along, will keep me from rushing to get it done.
  7. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Exelent figures Jason!! You are making an awesome proyect, congrats.

Alex.
  8. y_wong New Member

Jason, I am enjoying this thread very much. Your figures are very well done. Looking forward to the rest of the figures. I am just wondering how on earth do you manage to do so much in such a short period of time. Do you not sleep? :lol:

regards :)
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, Very nice. That figure has a lot of personality. you have an interesting way of doing groundwork that seems to work very well.~Gary
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jason,my dear friend, (y) (y) (y) so far !!! Your approach to groundwork is extremely interesting too ! Looking forward to the next step. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Alex, Wong, Gary and Kenneth!

On the groundwork- this approach is more psychological than anything. The last thing I want is to get bored while doing one long project then the next. Therefore I'm trying to spread things out-sculpting and painting the figure and finally groundwork, just as I would a single figure display.

I try be as efficient with my time as possible. I've been working on this project for at least a couple hours every night since starting (Usually when the kids are in bed and the wife has had enough of me :lol:) and a little more on the weekends. It dosn't take long to get things done with this scale, which is a good thing. I can't imagine doing a project of this size in a larger scale!

Thanks again guy's! You all on the planet do a great job motivating me. :)

Happy New Year!!

Jason
  12. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Hello Jason!

really excellent work! A lot of life and character. Too few people build exceptional pieces like this, and I'm sure it will be exceptional when completely finished!

The composition ooks nicely tight and promising, and I love the painting style also, somewhere in-between Bill Horan and Doug Cohen.

Keep that rythm!

Marijn
  13. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Marijn! I appreciate the kind words.

I hope to update this weekend.
  14. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Here is the Kaiser 50% complete. I'll be working on the great-coat this weekend :( Wish me luck!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, Very nice. A great choice of head for the Kaiser. I love the folds on the front of his tunic.

Would love to go to the show in Michigan, a great chance to talk shop with you. Maybe next year. It would make for a nice Winter getaway weekend.~Gary
  16. John Long Active Member

United-States
    A fine job again Jason. I'm curious, did you do the top or bottom of the tunic first?
  17. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Wow Jason, what an excellent piece all round, I love it!
  18. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Gary, John and Leigh!

John, I sculpted the top first. I first built up the mid-section to show a belly (hey, he's a king!) then added the skirt form rolled out putty. Note, the belt is more like a sash with the actual sword belt underneath the tunic skirt.

I'm not going to add the spike until finished w/ the sculpt.

Gary, just joking about the MI show. :) It would be nice to see this show grow. January is a tough month to get people to travel to small events but it's a good time and the venue is just right. Hopefully someday it will be as big as Atlanta or Tulsa.

I apologize for not posting more in-progress pic's, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Thanks again, guy's!
  19. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hey!!! That's a damn good likeness of the Kaiser!!! Just a question, did you use that illustration in Osprey's latest book on the Prussian army as a reference ?

... Well done. Capturing a likeness of somebody is an achievement, I guess this is going to be - again - your best figure yet !!! You're always getting better and better ! (y) And believe me you sure have reached a level of sculpting that would justify some commercial figures - "manufacturors, do you read this"??? :lol:
  20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, I'm not. :) ~Gary