1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Victory at Sedan!"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jason W., Nov 25, 2004.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason,

Really nice. Looking forward to seeing the next ones.

Joe
  2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jason , that is fantastic work you're doing. Keep it up as long as you keep showing us :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great work Jason!
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Jason

The quality of your work continues to improve! Very nice so far!

how do you keep the MS looking so clean?? :( Mine is always so rough!
  5. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Luca! Except for the head (Hornet) and bayonet and scabbard, he's all putty. :)
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks fella's!

Rob, you know, it's a constant battle with lint and there's nothing I can do about it!You may not notice but there is a bit of red lint in-bedded with every sculpt I've done so far since we moved here. I have no idea where it comes from...my carpet is GREEN! And I rarley wear clothing that has red in it. But as far as the sculpt being smooth, it's nothing but careful burnishing. I don't like to carve, file or sand- so to fix any imperfection, I try to "rub" it away with the toothpick.
  7. Calvin Member

Ok Jason, so let me know where I must sign, can you send me a copy of your pact by email...? ;)

It's impressive to see such even and perfect surface. I see your reply (the toothpick and so on), but it's impossible for me to obtain such result. Are you using a special brush, during the sculpt process, to modelling the sufrace ?
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I understand that!!!!

thanks for the reply.

Again, wonderful work!

cheers

Rob
  9. Manfred Active Member

Jason, wonderful work as always!
    Tis will become an outstanding diorama.

I'm always surprised at MS's ability to pick up dirt, too.
    Even worse seems my tan FIMO, an oven baking putty I recently experimenting with.
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME,Jason,just AWESOME (y) (y) !! Red lint,huh ? In my case,it's BLACK lint and I don't even have carpetting in the house ;) ! All the same,a GREAT job so far,my friend ! Will I be able to see it at the World Expo ? (Yes,the Missus agreed to let me go ! Hooray !) Looking forward to the next step in the project. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Jason,

I'am following this SBS from the beginning. It is gonna be so nice, awesome that i cannot find more words for it.
    Can't wait to see it finished.

Marc
  12. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Jason, excellent work. Can't wait to see the rest.

Bill
  13. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Calvin, unless we're doing a "live" sbs, it's hard to describe the technique. I'll try to post an sbs on how I do it.
    No, I only use a brush to help blend wet putty on to cured...I should try Mike Blanks technique of using hand lotion.
  14. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Calvin, Rob, Manfred, Marc and Bill!!!

Kenneth, it's going to be tough my friend. My boss say's I don't have the "whiskers" to take a July vacation. I may have to make a weekend "HE-MAN" trip to Boston or get a buddy of mine to take some pieces for me to display.

Thanks again guy's!
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Well,Jason,I hope to be able to meet you in person then;if not,then at least I hope to be able to see some of your fantastic work up-close. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  16. Automata Member

United-States
    Very nice Jason. I like both your sculpting and painting style. It looks like you are starting to use some pre-cast boots. I assume you have cast them from your own masters?

Barry
  17. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Barry,
    Yes, the boots are castings from a master I sculpted a few tears ago.

We'll see Kenneth and I hope to see your work in the flesh as well.

Here is figure number 2 finished. I started the ground work using static grass and jute twine- all painted in acrylics.

Sorry for the fuzzy pic's.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks great Jason!

Love the sharp folds on the jacket of the guy to the right on the first pic.
  19. John Long Active Member

United-States
    You're flyin' along Jason. The guy on the left has a great expression.

It's interesting to me that you do the groundwork as you go along. Have you always done it this way?
  20. Pete_H New Member

All I can say is "damn that's cool!!!" Good job, Jason. Also, interesting approach about doing the groundwork as you go along. I bet this makes the groundwork easier to handle in a multi-figure display.