1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Victor Barre, Empress Dragoons.

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Cannonball, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Cannonball A Fixture

Recently completed this relatively new figure from Mike Blank representing Victor Barre, the kettledrummer of the Empress Dragoons. This is the first offering in a new line of figures from Mike and it’s a beautiful piece. The pose is very simple yet effective and I like the facial expression Mike has sculpted in Victor’s face. Looking forward to the next release in this range. Painted in oils over acrylic.

Thanks for looking,

Neal 52D97920-F5A1-444C-B83C-57503B378FB1.jpeg FC361D93-9C55-496C-99E7-70588C30E993.jpeg 95802A46-35C3-4BF5-BF0E-805EBEC72A14.jpeg B8F47FF8-CCA5-43D2-8ECF-AB58AEE5EDC3.jpeg
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Very nicely painted Neal, the black base and white nameplate work well also.

Keith
    Cannonball likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Neal

Great to see this painted , like the blue , very vibrant , you've nailed the white and brought out the face well

WHY NOT ENTER a piece into the class of your choice in JUNE/JULY FOTM here: :)(y)

Standard
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...dard-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454275/

Intermediate
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...iate-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454276/

Advanced
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...nced-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454280/

There is a Vignette & Diorama competition running here:
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...night-31-12-22-voting-from-1-31-01-23.414984/

Thanks for sharing

Always good to see your artwork , look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Cannonball likes this.
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Fantastic paintwork Neal

Mobo
    Cannonball likes this.
  5. Mike the Swede Active Member

Looking good my friend! :) Great choice of groundwork, it really works well with the colors of the figure.
    Glad you enjoyed doing this one, there is more to come from me... very soon! Stay tuned ;)
    OldTaff, Cannonball and Nap like this.
  6. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work.
    Cannonball likes this.
  7. Cannonball A Fixture

Many thanks Keith.

Neal
  8. Cannonball A Fixture

Thanks Nap. I played around a bit with the edit facility on the photos off my phone so looking at the pictures again, the blue does look a bit rich in some of the pics so I might have overdone it a bit.

Neal
    Nap likes this.
  9. Cannonball A Fixture

Thanks Mobo, really appreciated.

Neal
  10. Cannonball A Fixture

Really appreciated Mike. Looking forward to the next instalment in the series.

Neal
  11. Cannonball A Fixture

Many thanks Peter.

Neal
  12. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Clean beauty!
    Cannonball likes this.
  13. Cannonball A Fixture

Many thanks Ski.

Neal
  14. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent painting and presentation of a really nice figure and subject. Great stuff!
    Gary
    Cannonball likes this.
  15. Cannonball A Fixture

Many thanks Gary, really appreciated.

Neal
    Nap likes this.
  16. misfit151 A Fixture

Slipped under my radar Neal super little figure...(y) Mike
    Cannonball likes this.
  17. Cannonball A Fixture

Many thanks Mike.

Neal