1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Vexillarius and Hobbits

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Giwe, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Giwe Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello everyone,
    here some progress on my vexillarius. After all the freehand i needed a break and a started these two hobbits, Merry and Pippin wich are additional models from games workshop treebeard. They are a real challenge to paint and my first try on games workshop figures. All comments are welcome.
    Greetings, Stephan 20211011_103340.jpg 20211011_103324.jpg 20211010_145410.jpg
    Nap, Oda, captnenglish and 3 others like this.
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work on the Roman piece Stephan and especially the great freehand work.
    Gary
    Oda likes this.
  3. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Those figures of Merry and Pippin are nicely sculpted!

Prost!
    Brad
  4. Giwe Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thank you guys for your comments. Yes, they are very nice, lots of detail for this small scale.
  5. Cannonball A Fixture

Lovely work on the Roman, particularly the freehand work.

Neal
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Stephan

Great to see you posting and after all the freehand which looks really effective the 2 smaller figures are a good change of pace

If I may for me the romans flesh looks too dark unles it's stil WIP

Look forward to seeing more on this Roman and Merry and Pippin

Happy benchtine

Nap
  7. Giwe Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thanks a lot for your comments!
    I tried to do the skin colour as it is on the boxart but i am lightyears away from alexanders painting skills. I had to repaint the face three times till a reached the point where i thought "it is as it is". You know what i mean? Anyway, it is a great figure (as all laruccia figures imho) and i hope i can show the completed figure next week.
    Thanks again and greetings from bavaria!