1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Very Interesting Historical Movie in the Pipeline...!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Martin Antonenko, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Dear Planeteers!

On December 14, 2019, a new Russian movie will be released in Europe, highlighting a highly interesting historical aspect:

The "patriotic war" of the Russians against Napoleon, their victory and the invasion of Paris - but especially what happened afterwards:

Many Russians had come to know the West through the war, seen how the people lived there, and how the conditions were there. And they had come to their conclusions. In Russia, reforms had to come!

All this culminated in the so-called "Decembrist uprising"!

When, after the death of Tsar Aleksandr I, guards were to be sworn in on the new Tsar, Nikolai I, on December 14 December / December 26, 1825, the guards mutinied with their officers - and refused the oath as well as the order to return to their barracks. The soldiers simply stood stock-still without moving. That's how they wanted to force the tsar to introduce reforms!

The enraged Nikolaj I. then had his own guard of loyal troops on the Senate Square in St. Petersburg in front of the Winter Palace shoot together. The ringleaders were executed or banished to Siberia for life.

The film revolves around these events - historically very precisely, as is customary in such Russian productions!

Title: Союз спасения (pronounced: Soyuz spaseniya / Union of Salvation), English title: Union of Salvation
    Director: Andrei Kravchuk
    Produced by a joint venture of "Direktsiya kino", a subsidiary of the Russian "Channel One" and the "20th Century Fox"

Poster:

[IMG]

Trailer:

Cheers
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Looks interesting and action packed

Thanks for sharing and happy viewing

Nap
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks great.
    That's another flag for my cuirassier then I thougth.

Marc
  4. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Interesting, will watch out for it.