1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Verlinden Otto Skorzeny Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Chris Oldfield, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Last one for today. I completed this Verlinden bust about 2 years ago now, but only just got around to having it photographed. Finish was oils over Tamiya acrylic for the flesh tones, base for the uniform was Tamiya acrylic with Humbrol enamel highlights & the rest of the detail painting done in Vallejo, with silver printer's ink for the metalwork. Large areas of colour were done with an airbrush, as was final Dullcote sealing. The black base of the bust got a couple of coats of Johnson's Klear brushed on, to make it stand out a bit.
    Comments welcome as before!
    Cheers,
    Chris.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Gone for the hat trick, great bit of painting.
    Carl.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Stunning

Hi Chris,

I notice and realize now your absence here in PF, three works of very high quality.
    Well done my friend(y):)
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    An excellent trio of figures Chris. This bust is superbly painted, although at this distance it's difficult to see all the details clearly. Any chance of a close up?
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Chris, great painting of a very interesting looking character and nice work on the scar. (y)

Cheers Ken
  6. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Thank you all for the positive comments, I'll try to take some more photos & post them soon. Ken, the scar was a few spots of Cadmium Red oil paint & plenty of wet-on-wet blending. I hope I can do the same justice to PanzerMeyer when he's available(y)
    Cheers,
    Chris.
  7. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Hi Chris
    Spot on.
    Pete