1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Verlinden Croatian Hussar 200mm Bust (WIP)

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by smeagolthevile, Dec 15, 2010.

1. smeagolthevile Member

United-States
    Ok, this is NOWHERE near finished... but I am 99% finished with the hood and the face (just need to do the mustache on the face)
    The hat is still being base coated, so simple im putting off finishing it, and its taking alot of detail work to get the little blue stripes on the shoulders correct.
    Tell me what you think, and as always, photos show so much that you wont see with the nekked eye

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. smeagolthevile Member

United-States
    Got the base coats for the details on the sleeves finished as well as the shield started and the hat in the final stages.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    sarouman likes this.
  3. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    have this too.hard to paint.i altered the nose for an real conk.and added an beard at the chin in muketier style.the hood......looks so terrible.so i sculpted and turkish helmet in Spahi style and omitted the hat.in short the head is an pain in the ase to paint in the orginal.
    i changed it and so it looks better.
    cheers
  4. smeagolthevile Member

United-States
    Well, massive pit stop.

I put my oil wash down, used a piece of tissue to wipe the excess off... and it pulled the base coat off.
    I hadn't primed it because I cant get the primer I like anymore and all I can get is the testors and that stuff is HORRIBLE.
    so untill I find primer this is scrapped, son of a...