1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Verlinden 200mm Army Resin Bust

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by MrBMB, Mar 13, 2020.

1. MrBMB A Fixture

s-l1600 small 2.jpg
    Verlinden 200mm Army American Heroes Resin Bust Kit #1805
    Gary_81, Babelfish and Nap like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there Mr B

Thanks for sharing this , Verlnden were groundbreaking and still paint up very well as you said good casting

good point about the casting blocks and sound advice about buyiing any from flea bay

happy benchtime

Nap
  3. Sgt. Red Active Member

I thought Verlinden were long gone......
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    They are, but there's plenty of Verlinden still floating around out there.

Some sellers chance their arm and ask "collectors'" prices simply because the whole range has been OOP for a few years now. But if you shop around, most of it can still be found for sensible money.

- Steve
    Sgt. Red likes this.
  5. MrBMB A Fixture

Nope I think Lots Of Models have the Verlinden stuff now, well the masters and what was left.
    This below was on here in Sept 2018

IMG_2992.PNG
    Blind Pew and KenBoyle like this.
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's interesting, and throws up a couple of questions:

1) Does "on the way to becoming available worldwide once again. VP is now being produced ..." (as of September 2018) mean that it actually happened?

2) Did they actually finish this "sorting" of the masters?

3) And if Verlinden stuff is in production again, in what form? The classic "camo" boxes with the VP logo (which seems unlikely)? Or unmarked boxes with no logo? Or boxes bearing someone else's logo?

Anyone have the definitive low-down on this?

- Steve
  7. MrBMB A Fixture

8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Are they selling off a mountain of old stock that they acquired when Verlinden rode off into the sunset, or are they knocking them out again themselves along with the boxes?

- Steve
  9. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    My guess is your former thought Steve.
    Looking at their website, they're selling old stock at reasonable prices, intermingled with 'original display' models at very high prices:-
    https://lots-of-models.com/collections/verlinden

Of course, I could be wrong.

Cheers
    Andrew

P.S. The above page starts with Amati items. Just scroll down.
    Babelfish likes this.
  10. MrBMB A Fixture

11. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice review work there, I still have the Tarleton bust by Verlinden somewhere half painted. Would be nice if Verlinden did come back again as they had some nice models.

Gary
  12. Bournouna Active Member

United-States
    Hi,

I have about a half dozen Verlinden , 200 mm Napoleonic busts for sale, if anyone is interested.

Joel
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Please do list them in the Marketplace I am looking for the WW1 smiling German in a picklehaube
  14. FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 Active Member

Germany
    That is what you get when you order the remastered figures:

5c77c362-cf19-487f-9a85-0e12f9114969.jpg b04fbeb2-0e30-4f46-83f1-96ebde2cf5fd.jpg 9693100b-45a0-47e2-adf1-51b044252b3d.jpg c4c3bb8f-8e38-42d3-8450-21fbaa749936.jpg

Its in a gray resin and some other brands beside verlinden. Some people say the new resin is very hard to work with etc. When I start this one I can maybe say how it is.

My information was that verlinden shut down and NO one wanted the molds etc and they destroyed every thing.

They postet on April 2019 that they have some of the master from verlinden / warriors etc and will relaunch some of the kits. But since then and there first "new" batch - there was nothing new since then.
    Here are some photos from there facebook post:
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Blind Pew, Sgt. Red and Paul Kernan like this.
  15. Sgt. Red Active Member

I really like the Warrior figures!!!!
  16. MrBMB A Fixture

I'll take Rosengrant figures :)
    Might be just me but I think if they released Rosengrant figures from Warriors the 1/16 and 1/9 they might do better than most of their other 1/35 range.