1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Verdi bust (teapotminiatures)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Henkm, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Henkm Well-Known Member

I started on this one. Two layers of gesso primer, first layer of oil on the face and blocked in his hat and coat. (excuses for the horribly over-exposed photo).
    DSC_0002.png DSC_0003 (3).png
    Henk, oldtrousers, KenBoyle and 3 others like this.
  2. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    This is a great likeness of Verdi. Given that this year is the 250th anniversary of the birth of Beethoven, maybe someone will produce a bust of the great Ludwig Van?
    Henkm likes this.
  3. Henkm Well-Known Member

I think I have seen a bust (more like half-figure) of Beethoven raising his hands over his head while conducting. Can't off-hand recall where.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

A good start on this , great looking sculpt as well

There is this flat from Jupiter Miniatures

Ludwig van Beethoven, 100 mm, engraved by Andreas Trost

image.jpeg

Martin Rohmann shared this along with other new release from Jupiter

Following the bust with pleasure

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda and Henkm like this.
  5. Henkm Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the one I had seen, thanks. No updates on the bust; SWMBO is having influenze A so I'm on caretaker duty. Hopefully in the long chinese new year weekend...
    Nap likes this.
  6. Hello Henkm. Glad to see your Wip of Verdi bust and thanks for sharing.
    Looking forward to see the final pics...
    Just curious... when say gesso primer. Did you sprayed it or applied with brush?
    Normally gesso is suitable for painting boards. Can you share a pic of the product you used?
    Oda likes this.
  7. Henkm Well-Known Member

Teapot Miniatures likes this.
  8. Thank you for sharing this product. We never used such of primer before for figures... But sounds interesting to test with this...
    Nap and Oda like this.
  9. Henkm Well-Known Member

Slowly progressing. Did some touch up on the face, finished the hat, put a base colour on the bow tie. Another round of bow tie, some touch up then the coat and I should be done. As usual, please excuse the hand phone pics under desk light.
    verdi1.jpg verdi2.jpg verdi3.jpg verdi4.jpg
  10. Lovely so far! The pics are unfair. Why not try to shoot on daylight...
    Oda and Henkm like this.
  11. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm not home much during daylight hours but will try not to forget in the weekend.
    Teapot Miniatures, Nap and Oda like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

Hope your wife is feeling better

Good to see this progressing , the bust certainly looks well sculpted ...as with all from Teapot

Look forward to seeing more updates when possible

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Henkm and Teapot Miniatures like this.
  13. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks Nap, the wife is well. I call it finished. I can see how it could have been better in places but for a first bust (and the first thing I finish in over a decade) I'm quite content.

On to the piccies.

verdi1.jpg verdi2.jpg verdi3.jpg verdi4-1.jpg verdi5.jpg verdi6-1.jpg verdi7-1.jpg
    Teapot Miniatures and Henk like this.
  14. Congratulations Henkm! Really lovely as a painting. We like the overall look and fell. Looks so elegant.
    Do you allow us to share your painting work to our facebook page?
  15. Henkm Well-Known Member

Thanks Teapot! Sure, go ahead and share it. Hopefully it inspires some others to buy this charming bust. It was a pleasure to paint.
    Teapot Miniatures likes this.
  16. Glad to hear that you enjoyed painting. Thank you!