1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

VERCINGETORIX Bust from Young Miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by giorgiomalteser, Oct 23, 2009.

1. giorgiomalteser Active Member

Malta
    Just finished this nice bust from Young Miniatures. Had loads of problems with the eyes. One of them had a hole and the shape of both eyes was really rough. I really had to struggle to get them to a decent shape and was half tempted to send it back to the supplier at one time. It seems this was caused during separation from the mold but I expected better quality control from Young to be honest.

Oh well, hope you like it and any criticism as always is welcome :D.

DSCN0207a.jpg

DSCN0210a.jpg

DSCN0212a.jpg

DSCN0208a.jpg

DSCN0211a.jpg
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work.
    What i really want is a new picture with another background for instance white. The green color is helping down the colour of the cuiras.
    Maybe you can do it without flashlight or less bulblight.
    Marc
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    As Marc says it's hard to tell in these photos, but it looks a fair job.
    Carl.
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Giorgio,

The eyes are very strange indeed, but in overall you have a great job:)
    It is not usual the Young busts present these defects, but anyway you should have asked for other.
  5. giorgiomalteser Active Member

Malta
    Thanks for your comments guys. I am still in the process of learning how to take decent close-up photos and I didn't have time yet to splash out on a good lighting system although I have a great Nikon Camera so please bear with me for a while :(

NB. I don't use flash and I only have 2 light sources which are a day and night lamp close to each other, no decent background too :eek:
    Being a self taught person I guess it will take me some time to get a hang of photography.

Regards to all,
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Giorgio,

In future if you have any reason not to be satisfied with the product; send it back. I know Young Miniatures take customer service and quality control very seriously and they would replace it for a new one,no questions asked.

Nonetheless,you've done a very good job on this bust.