1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Vercingetorix, 54mm Andrea

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Jan 6, 2013.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

Time to update the workbench and show you all what I've been working on lately.

I started on this lovely little Andrea figure of Vercingetorix back in November but didn't make much head way until late December when I started my Christmas holidays.

He's more or less finished now. Just needs to be put on a base and weathered accordingly.

IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0375.JPG
  2. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Nice tones on the skin, blonde hair, and the fur. I'm sure you'll say there's lots more work to be done, but this is already an excellent figure! Great way to start the New Year! Best regards, Don
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Don, at the risk of sounding predictable, yes, there's still lot's more work to do, however it's mainly weathering and adding visual effects.

Thanks for your comments mate.
  4. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Tony, I hope you and the family had a great Christmas, and didn't suffer too much in our bloody Perth heat.
    That's a great figure from Andrea, and I love how you've painted it. Great job, as always mate!
  5. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looking good Tony, I think the blue background and lighting take away from the figure.
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Nick, managed to survive the heat wave by staying indoors and drinking heavily. Thanks for your comments mate. Looking forward to catching up with you and the rest of the HMFS team early this year.

Hi Mike, thanks for your comments. I totally agree with you about the lighting and background. It's been a matter of sheer laziness on my part that I haven't invested some time and money into acquiring a better set up for taking photos of my figures and consequently the pics I post on pF never seem to do justice to my painting. To be honest though, I'm always rather pleased when people see my figures in real life and say "They look so much better than when I see them on the internet". My goal for 2013 is to get a better set up for taking pics of my figures.
    Mark S, FigureLover and NickM like this.
  7. HIKARU_REMOVED Guest

Japan
    Excellent work, Tony.:woot:
    The stripe of trousers is very beautiful.
    The textures of a fur are also wonderful.
    I love the flesh color of your work.;)

Mitsutaka:)
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Impressive work Tony,
    I think the pictures don't do justice to your work.

marc
  9. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Great to see you are still at it lately, I havent been in the hobby room for weeks as its too bloody hot at the moment. Nice job so far
    Ben
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks very nice Tony those trousers are amazing mate excellent stuff
    Steve
  11. Mark S Guest

This looks like a great piece Tony. It's an excellent figure, beautifully painted but still I'm sure it looks alot better than these pics portray.
    Even so I felt a stirring in my loins, having just viewed the pics. I'm looking forward to the end piece.
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    That's a rather disturbing image you getting a loin stirring Mark :sick:

Steve
  13. Mark S Guest

Don't worry Steve, now that I think about it, it was more likely to be the Rhino horn I sprinkled on my ice cream.
    Helm likes this.
  14. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice paint Tony, your figure deserves a better photos IMHO.:cool:

Pedro.
  15. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    never mind for the pics, it seems a very nice painting, great colours choice and i like the light skin tones of a blond man.
    cheers
    stefano
  16. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well Tony.
    Carl.(y)
  17. Mark S Guest

I neglected to mention the excellent work on the pants. Great job for 54mm, Tony.
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks to everyone for your positive comments. Let's keep the loin stirring to a minimum please Mark:p
    NickM likes this.
  19. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Missed this one.
    He looks great Tony. Lovely metals and great tones. 54mm? I wish I could still see this scale.
    Helm likes this.
  20. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Very nice looking! Great Job! Looking forward to see it on a base! (y)
    Cheers,
    Zeno