1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Venetian mask

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Sergey Savenkov, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Sergey Savenkov A Fixture

Italy
    The December novelty from Tartar Miniatures
    On sale from 16 December
    Venetian mask
    Scale 1 \ 10
    resin
    sculptor Dr.Lutz (Israel)
    painted by Amon RM (Italy)
    for cooperation and acquisitions:
    tartar.miniatures@libero.it

Attached Files:

Captain Lol, Dan Morton, arxo and 2 others like this.
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Very atmospheric. Hope there is a companion piece, either another bust or ideally a full figure with the same mask.
    Surprised at how much I like this. Whether I buy it will depend on the eyes and if the undercut of the mask shows a sufficient amount of jawline.
    Cheers
    Derek
  3. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    that's something different. will be interesting to see how other painters portray this well done.

Ian
    Sergey Savenkov likes this.
  4. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Very original...!(y)
  5. merlino Well-Known Member

Italy
    Very original and well done.
    Compliments!

:)
  6. feneseges_henceg New Member

Hungary
    I think it can be paired with The Masquerade TAU-200-04 from Taurus Miniatures
    DEL and Sergey Savenkov like this.
  7. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Good call (y)
  8. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    to illustrate Venitian Masks, this one is, allas, very poor for a 1/10 scale

exemples
    masque-venitien-masque-docteur-de-la-peste-mozart (1).jpg masque-venitien-rondine-mosaique-verte.jpg

just try on google image : venitian mask or masque vénitien
  9. Sergey Savenkov A Fixture

Italy
    Thank you all!
    I am glad that you liked our release!
  10. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Could be this one.
    Gells

Attached Files:

• mask.jpg
      mask.jpg
      File size:
      15.4 KB
      Views:
  11. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I'm with you on this one Grant.
    When masks are too elaborate I find that they often lose the sinister effect which for me is essential.
    Miro's ones have more to do with the Pavane than the Stiletto.
  12. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    You'll have to clue me up on this bust Derek, as i don't have a scoobie what's it all about ,although i find it a quite nice departure from the norm
  13. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Brian here's the explanation from Wikipedia.
    THE BAUTA
    The bauta (sometimes referred as baùtta) is a mask, today often heavily gilded though originally simple stark white, which is designed to comfortably cover the entire face; this traditional grotesque piece of art was characterized by the inclusion of an over-prominent nose, a thick supraorbital ridge, a projecting "chin line", and no mouth. The mask's beak-like chin is designed to enable the wearer to talk, eat, and drink without having to remove it, thereby preserving the wearer's anonymity. The bauta was often accompanied by a red or black cape and a tricorn.
    In the 18th century, together with a black cape called a "tabarro", the bauta had become a standardized society mask and disguise regulated by the Venetian government.[12] It was obligatory to wear it at certain political decision-making events when all citizens were required to act anonymously as peers. Only citizens (i.e., men) had the right to use the bauta. Its role was similar to the anonymizing processes invented to guarantee general, direct, free, equal and secret ballots in modern democracies. Also, the bearing of weapons along with the mask was specifically prohibited by law and enforceable by the Venetian police.
    Given this history and its grotesque design elements, the bauta was usually worn by men, but many paintings done in the 18th century also depict women wearing this mask and tricorn hat. The Ridotto and The Apple Seller by Pietro Longhi are two examples of this from the 1750s.
    450px-Carnaval_Venise_4.jpg Pietro_Longhi_-_The_Ridotto_in_Venice_-_WGA13416.jpg
    housecarl likes this.