1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Velociraptor.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gorgosaurus, Jul 25, 2007.

1. gorgosaurus Active Member

Denmark
    Here´s my 1/10th scale Velociraptor from Bowman Arts.

One of the first models to depict these animals as feathered - which has been justified by the fossil evidence.

[IMG]

I mounted it on a raised rock as a vantage point and added some droppings to give the impression that others have been here before.
    You decide whether it was Velociraptors or pterosaurs or whatever...

[IMG]

I call it "Look Out!"
    A double entendre implying that the animal is surveying the surroundings and that it is dangerous!

I like the finish I achieved on the eyes.

[IMG]

Hope you do, too.

Spike.
  2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yes, very good eyes! My childhood fascination with these creatures is being revived thanks to you Spike. Great stuff!-- Steve Scott
  3. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Great work, Spike. Your work is a joy to see.
  4. gorgosaurus Active Member

Denmark
    Thank you, gentlemen!

There´s more to come.

Spike.
  5. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Geez, are you sure your not the reason why the dinosaurs died out!! :D
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very cool stuff, thanks for posting.

Cheers
    Roc
  7. gorgosaurus Active Member

Denmark
    So, you think you´ve rumbled a wicked plot, Pauly...

As if my Dinosaur kit producer buddies in the USA and UK use a Time-machine to travel back to the Mesozoic, capture way too many beasts for an ecologically sustainable balance, then send them back to the 21st century through the Time-machine (which is also set to shrink them and enresinate their molecules) where they can make billions of dollars selling them as kits and I can claim to have photographed models I have made and not animals I saw on "safari"... As if...

Actually, Pauly, Dinosaurs are not totally extinct.
    They´ve merely evolved into forms that many have difficulties in seeing as Dinosaurian. (Though the great English scientists Thomas Huxley saw and promoted the connection back in the 19th century!).
    There´s one hopping around on your lawn even now.

Spike.
  8. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    It was only meant as a comparison to your work, bein' of such a high standard and lookin' like the real thing.

Am I allowed to say 'lookin' like the real thing'!? ;)
  9. gorgosaurus Active Member

Denmark
    OK, when you put it like that...

Spike.
  10. Frank-Holger Member

Hey Spike, cool to see you here, too (and Paul! What a small world!). The Creature looks very well done! I love the colourfull (but not TOO colourfull paintjobs on Dinos in general. You say, you have PAINTED the eyes? They look more than authentic glass eyes. Great Job!

Frank
  11. gorgosaurus Active Member

Denmark
    Thank you, Frank.

Spike.