1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

vegitation question

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by herbwf, Dec 9, 2004.

1. herbwf Member

United-States
    Good evening all,

Hope this is the right place to post this.

A while back a figure was done of one of Roger's Rangers in a northeastern woodland setting. It was an orriginal sculpture. It was posted on one of the old figure sites.One of the dried plants used in the dio looked very much like a miniature mountian laurel plant. Could one of you help me on this, any sugestions would be a great help.

Thanks,
    Herb Forgey
  2. Johnsonva New Member

Herb,

Have you got a good "doll house" store in the area? They usually have a lot
    of "scale" florial items both natural and paper materials. I used to visit one which had a
    great assortment of ive's which could be made to look like laurel. As you may recall this
    is were I bought that huge bundle of thatcher roof material which made great
    grass in 120 mm.

Loren
  3. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    I used to use dried flowers. You can find them at Michael's orsome similarcrafty type place. I probably still have some that might work for you, Herb.

Happy Painting
  4. herbwf Member

United-States
    Thanks Guys.
    Have been checking the craft stores but will have to look closer.
    Herb