1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Vasily (enemy At The Gate)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Brian, This looks really good thus far, but, (don't want to be critical) he does seem to buried in the rubble. The rubble and wood frame look really good from the the window to his right hand, but from there, following his right arm to the right side of his body, is where he looks buried. Perhaps,(suggestion only) you could use a L-shaped item such as a small table top with an open drawer on his right side, or other debris, to make it appear he is behnd it. Regards, SG:);)(y)
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    really looks great and not how I thought you'd go but great job!
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    this is just ACE Smudger
  4. Don Well-Known Member

This looks really great Smudger. Couldnt figure out how you were going to do this, but you have managed it superbly. Just the way a sniper would bury himself, moving in at night and open for business in the morning, just super.

Don
  5. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    I understand where SG is coming from but I actually think it works(y) A shadow box would knock it out the park but I'm rubbish with them too. And for what it's worth, I wish you WOULD do more in progress stuff. I always look forward to your latest project.
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It will work fine Brian ,its about suggestion !! but you already know that (y)

Ron
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Cracking idea Brian.
    Look forwards to the update,
    Carl.(y)
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi,many thanks for the tip about the table but I have still to add 2 large pieces of concrete which I was going to add round his right elbow area,these pieces of concrete I am going to use have broken from the ceiling and will have re-inforced Stella in them,it hopefully will show him partly concealed on his right side,the table top was an excellent idea but I'm going to settle for the concrete.
    Many thanks for your kind coments
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks for your coments
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Ron,the compositor ion is difficult with a bust but I'm getting there mate
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks don,I know he looks buried but I still have some concrete debris to add yet and I think these will give it a better overall look
  12. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Paul,I will try to do more WIP projects in the future,thanks for your comments and support mate
  13. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Ron,it will come together better at the painting stage I hope
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Carl for your support and kind coments
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Just to add a further update,i've now corrected the brick error on the interior corner and added some damage there and have started to add some exterior detail to the piece,some of the brickwork has been added with milliput and once all the brick work is completed i will add battle damage to that as well,i'm also going to add a small broken piece of drain pipe which will be added once the brickwork is finished,a window sill has be attached using a piece of MDA plaster from an old verlinden 1/35th diorama building.
    The stone finishings above and arround the window and also on the building corner was created using 0.65 plastic card,the re-inforced steel on the concreate debris and upper level floor was created using piano wire which was cut and bent to shape,still a few things to do yet before the painting stage but i'm happy where i'm upto at present.
    Thanks for looking and any coments or critisism you may have.

Brian vasily 3 001.JPG vasily 3 002.JPG vasily 3 005.JPG vasily 3 006.JPG vasily 3 007.JPG vasily 3 008.JPG vasily 3 009.JPG vasily 3 012.JPG vasily 3 013.JPG vasily 3 014.JPG vasily 3 011.JPG

Attached Files:

billyturnip and Aveleira like this.
  16. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Your brickwork is coming on a treat :rolleyes: one on top of two! can't go wrong :)

PM about the steel

Ron
  17. Helm A Fixture

England
    Really looks good now I'm watching this with a great deal of interest

Steve
  18. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Just had another couple of hours pleasent modeling to update where i'm upto now,i've completed all the exterior brickwork with milliput and have now added battle damage to the brickwork and the concrete elements around the building corner and window,to create the damage to the brickwork i just chipped away at it with a small chisel i have,the battle damage to the concretae i did with a routing bit in my hobby drill,i also added the drain pipe from plastruct tubing and added battle damage to this with a pyrograve / Hot needle,the drainpipe brackets were added from verlinden lead foil.
    The whole piece was primed with GW - Citadel Chaos Black,2 thin coats were applied as not to abscure any detail,the head of the bust was attached to a pin-vice for ease of handling while painting as was the main body of the bust.
    I apologise for the poor picture quality but i'm having a bad day with my camera,its so tempremental just like the wife,one day its fine the next its pure hell :LOL:

Many thanks for looking,coments and critisism welcome.

Brian vasily friday 002.JPG vasily friday 001.JPG vasily friday 003.JPG vasily friday 004.JPG vasily friday 005.JPG vasily friday 006.JPG vasily friday 007.JPG vasily friday 008.JPG vasily friday 009.JPG vasily friday 010.JPG vasily friday 011.JPG vasily friday 012.JPG vasily friday 013.JPG

Attached Files:

billyturnip and Aveleira like this.
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    (y) I just know from the photo's of this primed it's going to be good.

Roger.
  20. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Have just finished another session with the undercoating of the interior / exterior walls and masonry,once the Black undercoat had dried about an hour i started to apply the first coat of paint to the brickwork,for this i airbrushed Tamiya XF60 Dark Yellow in 2 light coats,the reason i use this colour is it will act as the colour of the mortar once all the brickwork is finished,the bricks i will paint individualy as i'm not keen on drybrushing,when painting the bricks i intend to paint some a lighter red and some a darker red just to break it up abit,the interior wall where the plaster is intact i have given 2 coats of Humbrol Acrylic RC417 Off White,this colour is from the Humbrol Authentic Rail Colour Range,this range are all produced in acrylic and are very brush friendly,i use alot of this colour even when painting white clothing as it has a dirty / off white finish to it,if anyone has access to this range i can fully recomend them,i also applied this colour to the window and corner masonry,i suppose it still looks very plain but i expect the building to come together perhaps over the next 2 or 3 sessions,many thanks for looking,all coments welcome :)

Brian vasily friday night 001.JPG vasily friday night 002.JPG vasily friday night 003.JPG vasily friday night 004.JPG vasily friday night 005.JPG vasily friday night 006.JPG vasily friday night 007.JPG