1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Vampire Queen 54mm (1/32 scale), Michael Kontraros Collectibles

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Stelios Demiras, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello friends in planetfigure,
    I wish you ALL to have A Very Happy Summer with a lot of Modelling Hours and More Finished Models!!

I would like to share with you my new figure that is the first release in Fantasy Elite Series in 54mm of the well known Greek company of Michael Kontraros, Michael Kontraros Collectibles (www.mkontraros.com) that I have in my hands and I must admit is very unique and covers a different theme from what I have seen in the market. Even if it is a fantasy theme I like it very much and it is a collectors’ piece that you must have and paint. I am talking about the Vampire Queen. The Vampire Queen is sitting in a Stone Throne that has a lot of engraved and sculpting details (as you can see in the pictures). The pose is very realistic and natural. As it is the first company’s figure in 54mm I am very impressed with the huge amount of the details that Mike manage to put on in this excellent kit. It is a kit that is talking to you: “please paint me… I can not wait…” From what I know Michael has a very good Exhibition in Stresa but I am sure that this kit as the upcoming new releases will take off the sales!! Have Great Sales Michael!
    So what we have:

Title: Vampire Queen
    Scale: 1/32
    Size: 54mm
    Pieces: 6
    Sculptor: Michael Kontraros
    Box Art: Francesco Farabi
    For Orders and more Information: www.mkontraros.com

I must say again these words: “The kit comes in a metal box. The metal box of the kit is brilliant and keeps very safe the parts of the kit. The sculpting detail is of a high standard! I tried to find the molding lines or something that I must clean. I found NOTHING AT ALL!!! You can go direct for painting!! The casting is so clean and the detail so clear! The highly quality resin will help the painter a lot as the paint will adhere on the surface very good”.
    The Box Art has been painted by the famous and very talented artist Francesco Farabi. The painting selections are endless! For sure this kit will be very popular among the fantasy fans but also among the others because everyone will want to paint this girl!

I am attaching photos to have a personal evaluation.
    I hope that you will find this review useful.

FINAL_WEB.jpg _DSC2180_WEB.jpg _DSC2183_WEB.jpg _DSC2185_WEB.jpg _DSC2189_WEB.jpg _DSC2191_WEB.jpg _DSC2193_WEB.jpg _DSC2194_WEB.jpg _DSC2198_WEb.jpg _DSC2200_WEB.jpg _DSC2203_WEB.jpg _DSC2206_WEB.jpg _DSC2208_WEb.jpg _DSC2210_WEB.jpg
  2. Huw63 A Fixture

Switzerland
    I'm not really into fantasy but picked this one up at the Montrouge show due to the quality and that it simply shouted paint me!
    brian likes this.
  3. RIKARDO Member

United-States
    Wonderful figure and work, thanks for share it!.
    Stelios know hours take your work finish?
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    This is such a stunning sculpt, I love everything about it, the pose, the detail and the subject. If it was in a larger scale, I would have definately bought it by now. After your review, I am still thinking if I should or not
    Ben
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great review of an awesome figure!

Thanks!

:)
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Really like the pose of this one, makes me wonder what is going through her head......
  7. Gerry Active Member

Got this one, and its superb! nicely packed ( in a metal Tin!) the attention to detail micheal has sculpted
    has to be seen to be believed! :)
  8. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I agree, I have mine and looking forward to working on it.
    Cheers
    John
  10. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Very impressive piece , a great sculpt
    Al
  11. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Will have to get one of these.
  12. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A lot to this one, I'm not into this type of figure but I am tempted
  13. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Although I truly appreciate the fantasy side of our hobby, generally, I am not one to buy, less paint these figures. But this one.....WOW! Love the dynamics of the piece.. And the level of panting is outstanding (y)
  14. Jazz A Fixture

England
    The standard of the sculpting is superb. Attention to detail is amazing.