1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Valley Forge

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by AJLaFleche, Apr 20, 2010.

1. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

This figure started out life as a Fort Duquesne of a Continental rifleman opening a canteen. I wanted to get a more worn look of a soldier wintering at Valley Forge. The first step was to replace his left foot with a sandaled foot from a Verlinden Iraqi casualty to portray a worn out brogan. Next, I replaced the hands to with a pair of Michael Roberts offerings to be cradling the musket. Since he was no longer holding a canteen, I added one from my spares with a lead foil strap. Lead foil also provided the patches. The cuffs of the leggings were frayed with a #11 blade. I added a scarf from Apoxie Sculpt. The original head had a great profile, but straight on, it looked off, so off it came to be replaced by a spare from Der Bunte Rock. I also added an ax/tomahawk from the spares. The ponytail is also Apoxie Sculpt. The base is built up of Celluclay covered with 3 Guyz snow and Hudson & Allen slush. The tree stump is from Joe Fix, I believe. I experimented with a cooler skin tone with additions of gray and blue to my base to get a colder look The dirt on the leggings is pastel chalk.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    flart1943 likes this.