1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

vallejo paints

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by ruderogo, Feb 26, 2006.

1. ruderogo New Member

can anyone reccomend some vallejo paints that should be used for all aspects of a german uniform, especially all types of german camo?

thanks!!
  2. mvonb Member

Matthew,

firstly take a look at this link and scroll down the page for some hints on colour choices.

Colorado Miniatures Vallejo Info

I have been using these paints for a few years, with varied results (I'm not a master, but many are and get amazing results). The colour matches are good, although some shades need a mix to get a realistic tone. Ebay is a good choice for starter packs, such as this one:

Panther Models

If you need any more info, then let me know. This article is also a valuable piece of info.

Vallejo hints and dilution tips

HTH

Martin
  3. ruderogo New Member

thank you very much martin!
  4. ruderogo New Member

i made an order for a bunch of stuff from colorado mins. today. how fast is thier service? i live in maine do you think theres a chance ill get it by monday of next week?
  5. mvonb Member

If they can get my orders to Germany within a week, I'm sure you can rely on them to get your's to Maine within that time period. I can't think of anyone who has been let down with deliveries. Good luck with the paints and have fun.

MfG

Martin
  6. ruderogo New Member

thanks again martin. i look foreward to painting with something other than oils and trying something new out!
  7. ruderogo New Member

quick question, if i use an acrylic paint to lay down a primer and then paint over it with my vallejo, will the primer paint come off?
  8. mvonb Member

Not at all. All my figures are completed in several layers of Vallejo paints. I would recommend a 24 hour period between the primer and the first coat of base colours. One of the benefits of acrylics is their fast drying time. So you can work quite quickly on shading and highlights.

HTH

Martin
  9. ruderogo New Member

jeeze. after my first session using these, there is definatly a learning curve. i can read all the articles i want, but until i actually try it....

man you guys sure made it look easy!