1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Vallejo new releases

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by milminwh, Dec 3, 2005.

1. milminwh Member

Greetings,
    I just got delivery of some new Vallejo products that are used to simulate water. I have not tried the product yet, but it is a thick gel that can be shaped with a brush or tool to create waves, ripples, waterfalls, and ice effects. Dries to a hard finish in 24 hours & comes in 300 ml jar.

[IMG]

I got delivery of "Pacific blue" and "Atlantic blue" with "Clear" and "Mediterranean blue" available soon.

A good complimentary product is their new release of "white foam", which is a heavy, extra opaque white acrylic, applied directly from the eye dropper bottle for raised crests on waves, sculpted with a pallet knife for snow & ice effects, or dry-brushed to form whirls & wakes of foam. Dries quickly to a hard, white surface & comes in a 32 ml eye dropper bottle.

[IMG]

Nothing is listed about this on their web site yet.

Regards,
    John
    Military Miniatures Warehouse
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, They look like cool products, thanks for posting them.~Gary
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    They dry clear?? This might just be what I am looking for to finsh the new Des Kit figure I bought from you recently.
  4. milminwh Member

Hi Matt,
    There is a version called "clear" that will dry clear, and should be available soon. The other versions dry in different shades of blue (Atlantic, Pacific, Meditteranean blues) and the foam/snow dries in white.
    The foam, Atlantic, Pacific all available now. Clear, Mediterranean soon.
    Regards
  5. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Hey John, if you can, once you have them all, could you photograph them so we here at pF could see them? I plan on getting the clear and probably the foam but I'm wondering, just how much these materials will be like the Woodland Scenics line and how much (if any) shrinkage there will be with the "water".

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  6. vince wai Active Member

Cool, sounds like the day to have different tartan patterns or SS camo patterns paint is not too remote :lol:
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for clarifying :lol:
  8. milminwh Member

My humble suggestion......
    this is a new product being distributed in US by R&K productions (Ron Souza) of Historical Miniature magazine.
    If I were the distributer, I would send some of these out to one of PF's talented modelists for a review.
    Vallejo makes good products, and I'm sure the quality of this new line is up to par with their usual good quality.
    I will contact Ron this week and make this suggestion.
    If any of you have a rapport with Mr. Souza, may I ask you also contact him with this suggestion?
    I also asked Ron to ask Vallejo for photos that show these products in figure or model scenes.
    The white foam is the most intriguing to me.
    Regards
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi John !
    Just wondering,would you also be bringing in the item "Still Water".also by Vallejo ? According to their advertising pamplet,it's a water-based polyurethane dispersion that settles itself when poured and dries to a crystal clear film. If poured on a non-porous surface,it can be peeled off once dry and cut to the desired form. Suitable for ponds,lakes,canals,bays,lagoons. Cheers !
    Kenneth :) .
  10. milminwh Member

Hi Kenneth,
    I have not seen the brochure, but my assumption is that this is the same water effects product as shown above, but in a clear finish, which will be available soon. I will stock that product as soon as I can get some!
    Regards
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,John :lol: ! It comes in 200ml (6.75 Fl.Oz.) bottles with an applicator,BTW. Cheers !
    Kenneth.